Todays ride

Sir Fallsalot

Wanted to have a couple of hours out today to check out two lanes out Llandegfedd way but it turned into an afternoon of trail riding and extreme exercise. The weather conditions and the ground after the rain last night were perfect for trail riding not too hot and loads of grip with no dust. No planned route just followed my nose taking in a few lanes on route there and back didn't take many photos on route  

This one is heading up to Twmbarlwm mountain stopped to open a gate a bit tricky starting off again on the loose ground

IMG_2336.thumb.JPG.180ba0ce68f646a92014a3456e976049.JPG

This is the view in the opposite direction if it wasn't so murky you could see the Severn bridge from here i did give Bob a wave as he's in that direction

Tom Hanks Hello GIF

IMG_2337.thumb.JPG.d68db718a9be2bb7a9ab56f04321a102.JPG

Almost On the top

IMG_2338.thumb.JPG.509337863861b3d39c88fe6e7303a220.JPG

This was the first lane i wanted to check out as i hadn't done it before, Its only a short one

IMG_2339.thumb.JPG.e76c63d101c78dedc190d775dc71dd48.JPG

IMG_2340.thumb.JPG.f70dafd88a337fa919d1f8281113848f.JPG

The thought i hadn't done it before disappeared here as i remembered this drop i had been on a ride not too long ago when we rode this but was following not leading so you don't know where your are or where you've been as a follower 

IMG_2341.thumb.JPG.30ae1badf616e98421e10a1770c36931.JPG

IMG_2343.thumb.JPG.e42593d904e7574442dd89f200fd8425.JPG

This was the other lane i wanted to check out i have done it before but couldn't remember it so wanted to do it again. its all up hill in this direction

IMG_2345.thumb.JPG.40a30775f0d0ee7225395057a45bfe51.JPG

Just inside the gate was this sign for the ones not in the UK that means max speed of 60mph for us, i later discovered you needed to be doing 60 to get up here :classic_laugh: On the other side it had a 30mph sign to tell you to slow down as you enter the farmyard 

IMG_2348.thumb.JPG.04603c89e7eb4e9ebd5c46e889601c23.JPG

The track was a little washed out

IMG_2349.thumb.JPG.ee97f4142e9179e3b84f95c96a777a87.JPG

IMG_2350.thumb.JPG.4c0fcf43825508404901f23b4f26276d.JPG

At this point i discovered a kickstart only bike was not a good idea in this lane i stalled it here and guess which side the kickstart is on. 

IMG_2351.thumb.JPG.3f6af08cc1e584daadd404429efca7c2.JPG

Ended up having to drag the bike to here so i could get a swing on the kickstart. Had to let the bike cool because it was suffering a bit which also gave me a chance to cool down i also trimmed some of the nettles and brambles to make it easier next time and then realised there wont be a next time dopey bastard

IMG_2352.thumb.JPG.0b4052f038aaee8fc20d2c54fdf273fd.JPG

I thought that was the last of the tough bits but there was more to come the slab rock was incredibly slippery and cambered to the right which is where the rear wheel went every time i touched the throttle, turning around wasn't an option as it was far too narrow and i'm too bloody stubborn so it was tough it out it was also overgrownIMG_2354.thumb.JPG.dc65677e605fa91a01c0b6b3c9845111.JPG

When i eventually got out i had to adjust the clutch cable as i'd lost all the free play on it, never had to do that before. Another welcomed rest here waiting for these girls to exit the milking shed on their way back to the field

IMG_2355.thumb.JPG.9ce6b78bdde918453af503e3ddd02c7a.JPG

I decided to head home from here as i was fooked took the road past Llandegfedd reservoir the water level looks low

IMG_2358.thumb.JPG.31019992a08cc8b84a1a7229c4253acf.JPG

I  did do a few lanes on the way back they were also overgrown reminding me why i normally ride this area in the winter time
IMG_2359.thumb.JPG.71d89e3bb6750e5c7e2ed8e9e0200783.JPG

IMG_2360.thumb.JPG.0947d61fb73e118da32a87db716514fe.JPG

• Like 6

Just outstanding. You’re a nutter but its still completely f’in awesome riding. Hats off in your direction… yet again!

Bit personal so just ignore if its rude on an open forum but I got the impression somewhere along the line that youre diabetic? Is that type one?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Just outstanding. You’re a nutter but its still completely f’in awesome riding. Hats off in your direction… yet again!

Bit personal so just ignore if its rude on an open forum but I got the impression somewhere along the line that youre diabetic? Is that type one?

Type two the abused body disease LOL This is the only physical exercise i do to combat the disease and i don't do it enough but i'm trying because there's no way my diet is going to help :classic_laugh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Type two the abused body disease LOL This is the only physical exercise i do to combat the disease and i don't do it enough but i'm trying because there's no way my diet is going to help :classic_laugh:

You guessed why I was asking but honestly it doesnt add up. The amount of demanding rides you post and the amount of time you spend outside compared with the average schmo doesnt put you in that category. I guess theres a genetic propensity and the odds were rigged against you on that score, you’re doing a dandy job.

2 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

You guessed why I was asking but honestly it doesnt add up. The amount of demanding rides you post and the amount of time you spend outside compared with the average schmo doesnt put you in that category. I guess theres a genetic propensity and the odds were rigged against you on that score, you’re doing a dandy job.

To interpret what i mean by abused body while I've been sat here surfing the net I've eaten two packs of crisps 4 cup cakes and drank 5 bottles of desperados :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

To interpret what i mean by abused body while I've been sat here surfing the net I've eaten two packs of crisps 4 cup cakes and drank 5 bottles of desperados :classic_laugh:

Sounds like a quarter of what mine eat on a break 😂 Except what’s a desperado?

1 minute ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Their 5.9% so not sure what your drinking :classic_laugh:

Lol nothing yet! My mistake, I looked mistook the ABV for the units per bottle! So yer perhaps not drink those every night.. without an ample supply of snacks 😂 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, boboneleg said:

Excellent Fred, some cracking lanes around there.  I don’t ride them enough but having seen your photos I can remember why 😂

I've exhausted the usual local lanes here now so started turning to the stuff i haven't done for years to get my fix, done a lot of illegal stuff today because I've done the legal stuff far too often and there's sooo much road work if you stick to the legal stuff it was good to get on some of the old routes.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Pedro said:

So, you keep the 400 for the rough stuff? It’ll crawl up anything! 

PS: Desperados are shit!

Are you tanked up on wine again LOL. I don't understand why drinking wine is viewed as ok to have a couple with your breakfast dinner and tea but have a couple of white lightings with your grub and your classed as an antisocial alcoholic :classic_laugh::rofl: 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Are you tanked up on wine again LOL. I don't understand why drinking wine is viewed as ok to have a couple with your breakfast dinner and tea but have a couple of white lightings with your grub and your classed as an antisocial alcoholic :classic_laugh::rofl: 

Portugal has the highest consumption of alcohol per capita in Europe inc UK and has the highest rate of alcohol related problems. They also had such a problem with drug abuse particularly heroin they decided to legalise all of them. Which worked to an extent but dont be fooled the Portuguese like to get off their tits 😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2