Best few quid …

Six30

I’ve spent for a while , if you got no centre stand , lubing chain and cleaning it’s ideal , from memory it was about a score I think ..

A1F8AA64-F0D1-483B-A1EA-FAAFB9F4F9A6.jpeg

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Six30 said:

I’ve spent for a while , if you got no centre stand , lubing chain and cleaning it’s ideal , from memory it was about a score I think ..

You just pull the wheel around on that?

Doesn't look as safe as an axle stand though.

On 22/07/2021 at 19:17, Six30 said:

I got one like that. 60€.  if the wheel isn't quite straight on it by the time youve turned it a full rotation it's moved off to one side and won't roll anymore. it's also pants on anything but a flat and clean surface.  I can't be arsed with it anymore, I just put an old car jack under the footpeg bracket on the other side to the stand and jack the rear tyre off the flloor half an inch, can spin the wheel much easier then. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, MooN said:

I got one like that. 60€.  if the wheel isn't quite straight on it by the time youve turned it a full rotation it's moved off to one side and won't roll anymore. it's also pants on anything but a flat and clean surface.  I can't be arsed with it anymore, I just put an old car jack under the footpeg bracket on the other side to the stand and jack the rear tyre off the flloor half an inch, can spin the wheel much easier then. 

mine works spot on , dont move off to one side, .... course it wont work properly if its not on a flat surface .

1 minute ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Don't bikes come with center stands anymore they make so many things easy

The 9T doesnt and the Bandit (should it be well enuf to ever need its chain cleaning again 😔) has been lowered so the centre stand that was a pig before is impossible now.

• Like 1

On 24/07/2021 at 22:04, Sir Fallsalot said:

I paid extra for a centre stand on my CB500X.  Some bikes can't have them now because of the catalytic converters for the Euro5  take up all the space under the bike.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tango said:

I paid extra for a centre stand on my CB500X.  Some bikes can't have them now because of the catalytic converters for the Euro5  take up all the space under the bike.

Still thinking about a Beemer Bob?

3 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Still thinking about a Beemer Bob?

The offer on the f750GS has finished now, so if I do it's unlikely to be a new one, Pete. I need to have a sit on the new Trident 660. Seems to have good reviews. But I keep changing my mind about changing the Honda! If it had a few more BHP I probably wouldn't be thinking so much about changing it. 

• Like 1

On 03/08/2021 at 21:32, Tango said:

The offer on the f750GS has finished now, so if I do it's unlikely to be a new one, Pete. I need to have a sit on the new Trident 660. Seems to have good reviews. But I keep changing my mind about changing the Honda! If it had a few more BHP I probably wouldn't be thinking so much about changing it. 

I saw one of those Tridents the other week, it really looked good.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Buckster said:

I saw one of those Tridents the other week, it really looked good.

Yes, it does look good. It goes and handles OK too, apparently. For the price tag I think that Triumph is on to a winner.

On 24/07/2021 at 13:04, Sir Fallsalot said:

I love the centre stand on my Himalayan, one of the things Royal Enfield got right!

The other day in a parking lot I was putting it up on the stand, because the side stand works 10% of the time (bad lean, almost no lean), anyways this older guy comes over and was so happy to see someone using a centre stand that he had to mention it......lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

I love the centre stand on my Himalayan, one of the things Royal Enfield got right!

The other day in a parking lot I was putting it up on the stand, because the side stand works 10% of the time (bad lean, almost no lean), anyways this older guy comes over and was so happy to see someone using a centre stand that he had to mention it......lol

You live such an interesting life.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

The stands are one of the things they’ve fixed on the latest Himalayan. They were rubbish. Rode with 12 others on Himalayan’s and a the end of the ride only 1 person had a functioning side stand 🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 2