sunday run

MooN

3 and a bit hours, 200 odd km. hot and sunny. rode south for a while, then west foe a bit then north east for a time and ended up back at home.

DSC04707.JPG

DSC04709.JPG

DSC04714.JPG

DSC04715.JPG

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Nice and quiet there Chris?

it is if you know where to go, far from the madding crowd. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Richzx6r said:

Only if they aren't in a van with a picture of a bike in the back 

ark at The Long Way Round.... to the shops to  get some Johnsons baby shampoo is like a tour for you..

im looking at booking something else as we speak .

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 20/07/2021 at 22:55, XTreme said:

Are they letting Brit holidaymakers in there now?

they'll let 'em in Pete ( need the money) it the UK that wont let them back home ( unless they quarantine for 2 weeks, even if double vaccinated) so they aren't coming. Those that had booked for august and sept are now cancelling.

On 20/07/2021 at 23:55, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Lovely pics 👍 What do they do with the sunflower crop? Seeds n oil?

Oil mostly here I think. they don't harvest them til they're almost rotting in the fields. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, MooN said:

they'll let 'em in Pete ( need the money) it the UK that wont let them back home ( unless they quarantine for 2 weeks, even if double vaccinated) so they aren't coming. Those that had booked for august and sept are now cancelling.

Its a bit of a farce, you cannot enter France for any reason (aside from the usual exemptions like truckers)

Last year the rules were different and allowed me to go down to Italy, I could enter France as long as I didn't 'stop' there.. stop 'overnight'. Had to pass through, which was fine. Rules for Belgium were the same, no stopping. Austria the same. So.. the only places I could stop overnight were Germany, Italy and Liechtenstein.

This is the primary reason we have been forced to cancel our yearly trip. As of now the only place you can go is Spain, so long as you use the Santander/Bilbao ferry.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Motobiker said:

Its a bit of a farce, you cannot enter France for any reason (aside from the usual exemptions like truckers)

Last year the rules were different and allowed me to go down to Italy, I could enter France as long as I didn't 'stop' there.. stop 'overnight'. Had to pass through, which was fine. Rules for Belgium were the same, no stopping. Austria the same. So.. the only places I could stop overnight were Germany, Italy and Liechtenstein.

This is the primary reason we have been forced to cancel our yearly trip. As of now the only place you can go is Spain, so long as you use the Santander/Bilbao ferry.

Who'd have thought a year ago that things would still be as bad as this?

I think we've all got to get used to a different way of life now!

• Like 1

On 20/07/2021 at 21:31, MooN said:

3 and a bit hours, 200 odd km. hot and sunny. rode south for a while, then west foe a bit then north east for a time and ended up back at home.

DSC04707.JPG

DSC04709.JPG

DSC04714.JPG

DSC04715.JPG

These pictures made me go,' Ohhhhhhh'. I can't spell the exact noise. 

4 hours ago, Motobiker said:

I have uk residents who own boats here who have come over, as I understood it it just means they have to quaranteen 10 days when they go home. IF the rules havent changed again by then. they didn't sem to have any trouble getting into france. 

2 hours ago, MooN said:

I have uk residents who own boats here who have come over, as I understood it it just means they have to quaranteen 10 days when they go home. IF the rules havent changed again by then. they didn't sem to have any trouble getting into france. 

There is no problem getting into France. It’s when you return. Not everyone can afford to add 10 days to their holiday entitlement. I certainly can’t. Nor could most of the guys coming with me this year. It would have been doable if we were allowed to transit, bit of a slog but we could’ve headed directly to the Black Forest. But even a non-stop transit means quarantine.

• Like 3

No they cant, its undoable for most folk. I can and do mostly work from home so it’s a possibility but in all honesty I have now reached a stage of frustration with having my plans on hold for so long that its at the point of the risk being worth it. Just a teeny weeny taste of borderless freedom, a ridiculous illusion I know but I want it all the same!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

And i presume that's not because of your OP

Yes Fred, besides the op (and recovery) it would be almost impossible to do the trips at the moment with things so restricted.

• Like 1

To be fair, the situation is rapidly going downhill in france at the moment, most of the main holiday destinations have had to re install mask wearing even outside ( that's going to make for some interesting tan lines...) and the number of cases is rising exponentially in all the seaside resort areas. Hospital cases are also rising but much slower as far as I can make out. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Motobiker said:

There is no problem getting into France. It’s when you return. Not everyone can afford to add 10 days to their holiday entitlement. I certainly can’t. Nor could most of the guys coming with me this year. It would have been doable if we were allowed to transit, bit of a slog but we could’ve headed directly to the Black Forest. But even a non-stop transit means quarantine.

can you not avoid france by transiting through belgium or holland and down the left bank of the Rhine? or ferry in and out of belgium or holland? As there's no border controls within Schengen there's nothing to show you've been in france. 

4 hours ago, MooN said:

can you not avoid france by transiting through belgium or holland and down the left bank of the Rhine? or ferry in and out of belgium or holland? As there's no border controls within Schengen there's nothing to show you've been in france. 

There are no ferries to Belgium. The hull zeebrugge ferry ended this year and there is a travel ban in place between uk and Netherlands as we are on their red list.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1