Six Months Ago......

XTreme

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

Or back up the chimneys?

that career choice is gone , every ones got central heating, unless you live in Cornwall.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Clive said:

My wife was made redundant 3 years before her retirement date..........the firm were she worked went into administration, so no redundancy, just the government minimum redundancy.....£2000 for 15 years work.

She signed on, with her still being under 65 years old.........and after 16 weeks was told "you no longer have to sign on every fortnight", she asked why, to be told ", you have had your entitlement!!!!!......no more ££££.

So had to learn to live on just my wage,average bring home £1200 per month!!.

We/she applied for whatever we thought we could, but everything we tried to claim for, it was always the same "you are just over the limit" for whatever we tried to claims for.

In actual fact we are slightly better off now with both of our pensions, my pit pension and a small private pension.

While 4 of our (same age as us) neighbours have a motobility car, pay very little rent or council tax.........us fook all.......so I know how @Richzx6r feels.👿

Yeah it seems we have been in similar situations, im currently on only 3 days a week though that is due to change next wheen so I'll be back up to 5 days a wee which is around 1500 quid a month albeit paid weekly which isn't the best id prefer monthly pay so everything goes out at the same time and then I can budget the rest as desired 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Six30 said:

that career choice is gone , every ones got central heating, unless you live in Cornwall.

Coal mine have gone too😂

Not many choices for a urchin nowdays.📸

Just now, Richzx6r said:

Yeah it seems we have been in similar situations, im currently on only 3 days a week though that is due to change next wheen so I'll be back up to 5 days a wee which is around 1500 quid a month albeit paid weekly which isn't the best id prefer monthly pay so everything goes out at the same time and then I can budget the rest as desired 

That's the only good thing about being a pensioner, come whatever the money is there in the bank, just not enough of it.😕

• Like 3

Just now, Clive said:

That's the only good thing about being a pensioner, come whatever the money is there in the bank, just not enough of it.😕

Yeah I bet, I doubt I'll have the chance of retirement when I get to the requisite age it will probably be around 120 years old by time I get the there by which time it will be straight in to the box

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Clive said:

And that is why I'll always be working......with the business under the wife's name!

• Like 2

Just now, Richzx6r said:

How come its under the wife's name?

Tax!

If it goes under my name then my pension (approx €10K a year) will be included as income!

So I pay no tax on pension (it's below €12K)........only the business account in her name pays tax.

I'm currently waiting for a €1375 rebate on the business tax paid last year.

5 minutes ago, Richzx6r said:

Yeah I bet, I doubt I'll have the chance of retirement when I get to the requisite age it will probably be around 120 years old by time I get the there by which time it will be straight in to the box

That’s the plan, to go back to the days when the majority of people are dead within two years of retiring. The guy in charge of raising retirement ages retired early with a fat golden handshake.... 😡

• Like 1

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

Tax!

If it goes under my name then my pension (approx €10K a year) will be included as income!

So I pay no tax on pension (it's below €12K)........only the business account in her name pays tax.

I'm currently waiting for a €1375 rebate on the business tax paid last year.

Bloody tax dodging best get prepared for nobody inquisition GIF

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

That’s the plan, to go back to the days when the majority of people are dead within two years of retiring. The guy in charge of raising retirement ages retired early with a fat golden handshake.... 😡

It boils my piss if honest 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Is it even viable for her to go back what with sky high childcare costs n all that?

When I asked about childcare at the hospital trust I worked for they said “it’s £50 per day per child, you do get a discount on the second child so it would be £75 a day but we don’t have any places available” I said I can’t afford that on nurses pay to which they replied “Well it’s not for you then is it” ?!?! That was over 15 years ago so maybe things have improved, can’t imagine their prices now.

They then ran advertising on the radio for trained staff (cos they were desperate) stating they had childcare facilities 🙄 factually correct but bullshit cos anyone lower than Consultant level couldn’t afford it! So hoping you have amenable relatives?

fukmine, how much?!  I have 3 kids, my parents are in the uk and Madame Moon's parents were never in a fit state health wise to have any one of them, even for a weekend. We both work full time though Madame was allowed to work half time for a couple of years. We paid a child minder as there was no creche or association in the area. I can't remember exactly how much we paid nut it was nothing like that much and then we got part of it back in childcare allowance and it was all deductible from income tax.  

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Richzx6r said:

Bloody tax dodging best get prepared for nobody inquisition GIF

It's not tax dodging........the business pays tax.

And it enables her to pay into the Pension system here so at some point she would be eligible for that.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, XTreme said:

And it enables her to pay into the Pension system here so at some point she would be eligible for that.

Give me a job then old man, you need someone to take over the reigns in a few months Yes GIF

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, XTreme said:

It's what's called working within the system............don't blame anybody for using the tax mans rules against him.........if you can it's a win win.😵

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

@Richzx6r how no mortgage at the moment? Can you stay no mortgage? 🤞 

We rent at the moment but will be looking to get on the property ladder in the fairly near future 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Six30 said:

i could never go work for any one , only person tells me what to do is me , and sometimes i tell me self to fuck off.

What do you do?

37 minutes ago, MooN said:

fukmine, how much?!  I have 3 kids, my parents are in the uk and Madame Moon's parents were never in a fit state health wise to have any one of them, even for a weekend. We both work full time though Madame was allowed to work half time for a couple of years. We paid a child minder as there was no creche or association in the area. I can't remember exactly how much we paid nut it was nothing like that much and then we got part of it back in childcare allowance and it was all deductible from income tax.  

Problem with shift work is you need childcare from between 6.30am and 10pm (assuming you can get to work in 30 mins or under) which no one covers. Stick compulsory internal nightshift rotation into the mix and unless you have a partner who can be there and get the kids up n start getting them ready for the next day at the child minders you’re screwed. Then they wonder why they can’t get nurses (who enter into it at child bearing age) to stay in the NHS- they make it f’in impossible! I stayed because my boss bent the rules, reduced and changed my hours (so I could get there and back in time) and I moved to an area that had no night shifts. Just me and one other nurse on the entire ward had children.

Then they decided to move everyone to 12 hour shifts (my area was one of the very few that was exempted) and that finished of almost everyone with children. The trust is one of the largest employers in the country’ with over 6,000 employee’s and yet they don’t have a clue.