Welcome Motobiker

Admin

Hello Motobiker,

Welcome to Motorcycle Riders. Please feel free to browse around and get to know the others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Motobiker joined on the 18/07/21.

View Member

Diolch yn fawr as my 'gone native' brothers and sisters would say.

I'm here because Im missing implausible tales of rugged individualism and pictures of bikes in rundown or, more usually ruinous railway stations.

and that.

Better late than never.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Motobiker said:

Diolch yn fawr as my 'gone native' brothers and sisters would say.

I'm here because Im missing implausible tales of rugged individualism and pictures of bikes in rundown or, more usually ruinous railway stations.

and that.

Better late than never.

So......the question is.....who are you really?

You're obviously under a different alias so as not to incur the wrath of the powers that be on another forum.

I have my suspicions though! 

kramer GIF

What you say @Clive?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tym said:

Seems like a nice person so far 🤓

If it's who I think it is.....yes he is!

And he doesn't get treated very well in the other place either for some reason......despite the fact that he actually does ride! 

Or maybe that is the reason actually.

32 minutes ago, XTreme said:

If it's who I think it is.....yes he is!

And he doesn't get treated very well in the other place either for some reason......despite the fact that he actually does ride! 

Or maybe that is the reason actually.

probably.

IMG_0102.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

He's got a proper bike as well or is it another googled photo :classic_biggrin:

No......this guy actually rides.....goes to Europe every year!

• Like 2

Every year except this year. the door has been slammed.

Luckily, last year the door was partially ajar although I was forced to be very careful about where I stayed. Germany, Italy and most unlikely of all Liechtenstein.

Liechtenstein. a place that will go down in memory. A campsite with its own restaurant, where a starter cost (minimum) €25 and a bottle of Erdinger €7

Less said about that the better.

Highlight.. was the most banal thing. Though a first for me. Crossing the Danube by ferry. and then looking back at the Bavarian mountains that border the Czech republic.

sad git me.

IMG_0160.jpg

IMG_0161.jpg

IMG_0162.jpg

IMG_0164.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Motobiker said:

Every year except this year. the door has been slammed.

Luckily, last year the door was partially ajar although I was forced to be very careful about where I stayed. Germany, Italy and most unlikely of all Liechtenstein.

Liechtenstein. a place that will go down in memory. A campsite with its own restaurant, where a starter cost (minimum) €25 and a bottle of Erdinger €7

Less said about that the better.

Highlight.. was the most banal thing. Though a first for me. Crossing the Danube by ferry. and then looking back at the Bavarian mountains that border the Czech republic.

sad git me.

IMG_0160.jpg

IMG_0161.jpg

IMG_0162.jpg

IMG_0164.jpg

Great shots!

Were you on your own then?

6 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Great shots!

Were you on your own then?

Yes.. everyone else. (I normally take a small group) had to drop out, mostly due to paranoia about possible enforced quarantine on return. In the event that never happened. I was totally honest. I crossed countries that were 'on the list' like Austria. And although I went into the Czech republic, briefly. I didn't stop anywhere public. and after a couple of hours was back in Germany.

It was nice, after so many years taking groups to be on my tod. off the leash (so to speak) nice.. but not the same. I used the time to reccy for next year.. when we will be heading down to Austria and into the Dolomites.

IMG_0095.jpg

IMG_0099.jpg

IMG_0109.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Motobiker said:

I used the time to reccy for next year.. when we will be heading down to Austria and into the Dolomites.

And there's still going to be a degree of uncertainty I'd have thought......Covid's not going away anytime soon!

2 minutes ago, XTreme said:

And there's still going to be a degree of uncertainty I'd have thought......Covid's not going away anytime soon!

Fuck!!!....looks like Mablethorpe for us again!.😂

• Like 1

Oh yes👍..........but I have the trip to a foreign country in September, I had better brush up on the lingo................bugger it!......just clearing my throat will make me sound like a local.👍

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Clive said:

Oh yes👍..........but I have the trip to a foreign country in September, I had better brush up on the lingo................bugger it!......just clearing my throat will make me sound like a local.👍

Just fill your mouth with gob and go for it!

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Clive said:

Don't forget to use the F word a lot if your in the Swansea area you'll fit right in

1 hour ago, Clive said:

You taking a bike back then.

• Haha 1