First ride of July 2021 in Colorado

Earache

My buddy Todd, (one of the guys that went with me on the California trip earlier this year), came to our house this weekend and brought his bike along. Plan is to do some light off road riding over next couple of days.

We had as stop by the local liquor store to but some beers and booze for his friends back home in Missouri. Tipsy's Liquor has the biggest beer selection ever; two beer caves and 60 coolers! Todd got some rare beers for his bud's - one cost $31 per bottle! I mean, I like beer, but not at $31 per bottle....

5.jpg

8.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Wondered through downtown Golden and fell into the Golden Mill for dinner and beers. Weird place; you give them your credit card and then they give you a card that works in all of their card reader's. Then you walk up to one of the 30 taps in the place and pull your own beer.  Most of the seating is outdoors on a large balcony above the river through town...

4.jpg

• Like 5

Taps. Card scanners below the drain and a screen telling you about the beer in the tap. As you pour, it gives you a cost per ounce and cost per pour. Not sure I liked that - reminds you what an alcoholic you are and how much it';;s costing you.

9.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

They several different types of food available at walk up windows. My wife was there so ended up getting a platter of sushi. Not a huge fan, but I'll eat it...

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Still early today - about 5:30 AM as I type this. We're headed out to ride in a couple of hours once it warms up. Pics to follow....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Earache said:

My buddy Todd, (one of the guys that went with me on the California trip earlier this year), came to our house this weekend and brought his bike along. Plan is to do some light off road riding over next couple of days.

We had as stop by the local liquor store to but some beers and booze for his friends back home in Missouri. Tipsy's Liquor has the biggest beer selection ever; two beer caves and 60 coolers! Todd got some rare beers for his bud's - one cost $31 per bottle! I mean, I like beer, but not at $31 per bottle....

8.jpg

Looking at that photo i thought i'd already consumed a lot of beer lol

seeing kyle hill GIF by Because Science

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Excellent 👍

That abandoned railroad house will have @XTreme wetting his knickers :littleguy:

Very different to what you see here!

I'm always surprised that so many structures are wooden.

• Like 1