Adventure Bike Rider Festival!

XTreme

Happening next weekend.....looks interesting!

I think @Slowlycatchymonkey is going......how about you @boboneleg?

I've seen people asking on FB if anybody's got tickets for sale.....so I guess it's all sold out.

What sort of price were they going for, and was accommodation available? Or is it a tent job? 

Fuck that , 6000 people together when we still have covid problems here, no thanks. Anyway, I prefered it when it was in a field near Banbury without all the corporate shite.

I've been with ABR from the begining but for me they sold out big time, having said that for anyone going I wish them all the best .

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Fuck that , 6000 people together when we still have covid problems here, no thanks. Anyway, I prefered it when it was in a field near Banbury without all the corporate shite.

I've been with ABR from the begining but for me they sold out big time, having said that for anyone going I wish them all the best .

What's the difference between that and the Overland Event then?

36 minutes ago, XTreme said:

What's the difference between that and the Overland Event then?

Overland event is smaller and geared towards the more serious dudes who like riding in strange countries and sleeping in a hedge :classic_tongue:

It involves 4 wheeled vehicles as well and if you haven't got a sticker on your vehicle from Patagonia they'll  probably ignore you .

• Haha 3

Abr is a large commercial bike festival where you spend 3 (or 4 if you have a VIP ticket 😉) days pissing it up listening to music and test riding bikes. Theres also off road riding, talks from people who’ve done all sorts of shite on motorbikes and over 100 different bikes available to try out. Oh and the food n music is good.

Covid wise theres no safer time to go out, the vaccine currently works, hospitalisations and deaths are at an all time low and you have to draw the line somewhere and get on with living whatever time you have left with infectious disease thrown into the mix. Covid is here to stay, it will mutate to the point tweaked vaccines are needed so youre going to have to pick n choose what you do risk wise on that front forever, same as dengu fever, malaria, Ebola, Japanese encephalitis or any other infectious disease that can kill you. You can still catch the plague from a squirrel in this country but a sense of proportion is necessary when viewing the stats.

For me Overlander is a more enjoyable event. Lots of people there who walk the walk and a far more low key affair where youre likely to find yourself at 1 in the morning sitting round a camp fire of some people youve never met laughing your tits off because urr umm what was that you just gave me? 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2