Weaning kids on to solid foods

busabeast

1 hour ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Do enlighten us 🙄

Don't know how to tell you, but the way most countries in Europe see the British (mostly English) is young grandparents, young kids eating junk food, angry mothers, teenagers throwing up with a half eaten burger in their hands and then carrying on eating, kids eloping with young pregnant women, brawls between groups of groups of football jersey wearing youths and sunburned topless youths, 2 liter beer jugs, etc

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Don't know how to tell you, but the way most countries in Europe see the British (mostly English) is young grandparents, young kids eating junk food, angry mothers, teenagers throwing up with a half eaten burger in their hands and then carrying on eating, kids eloping with young pregnant women, brawls between groups of groups of football jersey wearing youths and sunburned topless youths, 2 liter beer jugs, etc

Not sure I understand. Are we talking about how Europeans see Brits or how Brits see Europeans?

6 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Not sure I understand. Are we talking about how Europeans see Brits or how Brits see Europeans?

How Europeans see Brits

8 hours ago, Pedro said:

I don't mean this to sound offensive, but this whole thread sounds like what europeans think of british family life.

I've never been so deeply offended 

Oh My God Reaction GIF

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, XTreme said:

Not really.......in my younger days I had a bit of a rep for sneaking round behind womens' backs and lying to them.

Apparently I have a terrible attitude towards women.

You like one of them angry bosses eh

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

Angry bosses? What's that?

You know the ones that always storm around chewing a wasp and who want everything done 3 weeks ago 🙄 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Richzx6r said:

You know the ones that always storm around chewing a wasp and who want everything done 3 weeks ago 🙄 

Right......but what's that got to do with getting belted by females? :classic_unsure:

10 hours ago, Pedro said:

Thats just plain old tribalism Pedro. Been going on since the beginning of time. One group picks out or makes up negative imagery or stories to make their own group tighter or feel superior in some way. 

Every country does it. Slagging off another country makes people comfortable that their way is the right way. Happens here too, we receive societal messages about why our country is superior to others. I wouldn’t dream of regurgitating that crap on here. Humans from any place on the planet have a lot more in common than they do differences, a mothers love and care for their child is one of the most constant things in the universe no matter where you are. I do hope you dont buy into this bigotry.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Thats just plain old tribalism Pedro. Been going on since the beginning of time. One group picks out or makes up negative imagery or stories to make their own group tighter or feel superior in some way. 

Every country does it. Slagging off another country makes people comfortable that their way is the right way. Happens here too, we receive societal messages about why our country is superior to others. I wouldn’t dream of regurgitating that crap on here. Humans from any place on the planet have a lot more in common than they do differences, a mothers love and care for their child is one of the most constant things in the universe no matter where you are. I do hope you dont buy into this bigotry.

In Pedro's defence, Southern Europe does get lumbered with the worst that Britain can offer!

7 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

He doesnt need a defence, he didn’t say it was his view. He said thats how we are viewed. 

GIF by Desus & Mero

It is how we're viewed though.....as the fucking imbeciles of Europe.

17 minutes ago, XTreme said:

It is how we're viewed though.....as the fucking imbeciles of Europe.

I dont buy into that. We do a good line in loud drunken underclass but thats just one facet, most Europeans (and tbh I find that term reductionist because Greece, Italy, Spain, Germany for example are as different from each other as Britain is to them) are sophisticated enough to have more than one view. There are other views of the British regarding technology, innovation or even just simply economically. 

• Like 1

Just now, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I dont buy into that. We do a good line in loud drunken underclass but thats just one facet, most Europeans (and tbh I find that term reductionist because Greece, Italy, Spain, Germany for example are as different from each other as Britain is to them) are sophisticated enough to have more than one view. There are other views of the British regarding technology, innovation or even just simply economically. 

Maybe in the past.......but events of recent years have put a spoke in that.

2 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Which recent events? 

You're trying to draw me into Politics.......and I'll end up getting an incomprehensible warning PM from @Clive!

I'll make no comment but this is what other countries think HERE!

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

You're trying to draw me into Politics.......and I'll end up getting an incomprehensible warning PM from @Clive!

I'll make no comment but this is what other countries think HERE!

No I wasnt but if your reasons for Britains fall in status (which I agree completely has occurred) are political then I hope the average person is aware that most of us normal folk are just as much at the whims of their leaders as any other country. Most people arent political they just want to get on with their lives. 

If your saying they dont have the nous to hold more than one view Ill have to take your word for that, sad though it is.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

No I wasnt but if your reasons for Britains fall in status (which I agree completely has occurred) are political then I hope the average person is aware that most of us normal folk are just as much at the whims of their leaders as any other country. Most people arent political they just want to get on with their lives. 

If your saying they dont have the nous to hold more than one view Ill have to take your word for that, sad though it is.

There's a lot of Spaniards here who used to work in the UK......and I've been told by two female doctors that they returned because of the racist abuse they suffered.

And if that pattern is repeated across the other European countries then it doesn't put any of us in a very good light I'm afraid.

I've noticed no difference in the way I've been treated in this town cos I've been here a long time. People know me.

But outside the town dealing with strangers I have picked up on a colder and more defensive attitude due to the way things have gone in recent years.