Weaning kids on to solid foods

busabeast

1 minute ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

For some reason sometimes a child is often better with one parent than another, my two it switched between us both more than once but now they are older one responds better to me and the other to Mr Slowly and its been that way for a long time. Different strokes for different folks I suppose.

This is true, she has always given me an easier time of it than she gives to the wife, maybe because im so calm with her and dont get wound up in the slightest, its not that she never does anything wrong with me I just hardly ever raise my voice to her where the wife gets wound up by her easier, I just think everything she does is funny

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Richzx6r said:

This is true, she has always given me an easier time of it than she gives to the wife, maybe because im so calm with her and dont get wound up in the slightest, its not that she never does anything wrong with me I just hardly ever raise my voice to her where the wife gets wound up by her easier, I just think everything she does is funny

Nail head.
One of mine when he got the bit between his teeth had the ability to wear out the patience of a saint but we both recognised it and when you felt your blood pressure rising the other one could see it and would just take over. It was considered odd at the time to involve a man in the womens work of child rearing and I got a fair amount of shite about it from dinosaur relatives but thankfully for everyone times have changed and I cant see a downside to it 👍

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Any control or discipline always came from the wife!

I'm the soft touch with kids and animals!

I quite honestly relish get my hands dirty with bringing her up i have no problems taking the lead

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Richzx6r said:

I quite honestly relish get my hands dirty with bringing her up i have no problems taking the lead

I was very involved with them......but if they wanted anything they always came to me first. Never her!

Cos they knew I'd never say no to them......and they knew I could always bullshit my way round the wife.

And they still do it now.....in their thirties! My boy in Poland got his girlfriend pregnant and came straight to me.....so I could break it to the wife! He dropped it in my lap and legged it!

When I told her, her first words were "How long have you known about this?.......and don't you fucking dare lie to me".

So I got all the fucking flack for it!

Come On Reaction GIF

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

It's 41 & 37 years since our angels (he is workshy & daughter (she is lovely really) we call Rocket Gob 😂) were at a weaning age, too long ago to have any firm memories of what they had for meals.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I was very involved with them......but if they wanted anything they always came to me first. Never her!

Cos they knew I'd never say no to them......and they knew I could always bullshit my way round the wife.

And they still do it now.....in their thirties! My boy in Poland got his girlfriend pregnant and came straight to me.....so I could break it to the wife! He dropped it in my lap and legged it!

When I told her, her first words were "How long have you known about this?.......and don't you fucking dare lie to me".

So I got all the fucking flack for it!

Come On Reaction GIF

Lol fair play to him, though how long had you known for 

• Like 1

Just now, Clive said:

It's 41 & 37 years since our angels (he is workshy & daughter (she is lovely really) we call Rocket Gob 😂) were at a weaning age, too long ago to have any firm memories of what they had for meals.

Memory gone abit soft eh

Memory failing!! I know all the words to the songs "On mother Kelly,s doorstep"......"Leaning on the lampost at the corner of the street"

I sound like a advert for "Now that's what I call music 99" 😂😂

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Richzx6r said:

Lol fair play to him, though how long had you known for 

I hadn't......till he told me!

My other son from NL was here at the time and he saw me coming down the stairs with a look of shock on my face.

He asked me what's the matter and I told him......and that I'd now got to tell the wife!

He just said....."Holy fuck.......I'm going out before you tell her". And he legged it as well.

Oy Vey Facepalm GIF by Chaz French

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Richzx6r said:

😄 so how did the wife take the news? Was she more annoyed that he didn't tell her himself?

Hit the fucking roof!

Because of the way my boy did it......he'd denied that she was pregnant to the wife about a month before when he was here.

He said that he was going to marry this loony in Poland......and the wife asked him...."Is she pregnant?"

He just lied point blank to her face. Then he got me to try and get him out of the shit by telling me instead!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Hit the fucking roof!

Because of the way my boy did it......he'd denied that she was pregnant to the wife about a month before when he was here.

He said that he was going to marry this loony in Poland......and the wife asked him...."Is she pregnant?"

He just lied point blank to her face. Then he got me to try and get him out of the shit by telling me instead!

Aaargh the ridiculous and frail situation of the human condition. Take a few people who really love each other and watch the fireworks fly!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Hit the fucking roof!

Hmm sounds like the easy route out to me, why could he not be real with her and tell him face to face? 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Richzx6r said:

Hmm sounds like the easy route out to me, why could he not be real with her and tell him face to face? 

He has a bit of form for being a bit uneconomical with the truth with her!

No idea where he gets that trait from! 

Looking Around Star Trek GIF

• Haha 3

Just now, XTreme said:

Hmm it sounds like this apple didn't fall too far from the tree no🤥

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

With you it was bikes!😂........with him, kids

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Clive said:

With you it was bikes!😂........with him, kids

Not really.......in my younger days I had a bit of a rep for sneaking round behind womens' backs and lying to them.

Apparently I have a terrible attitude towards women.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Not really.......in my younger days I had a bit of a rep for sneaking round behind womens' backs and lying to them.

Different for me, they usually told me to fuck off.😂

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Which bit of what you just posted makes you think that? 😂

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Which bit of what you just posted makes you think that? 😂

Just a feeling I got really......along with the number of times I got smacked in the face! :classic_unsure:

• Haha 2