Honda CBR600F

Skippy

It’s been a while since I last posted and Pete was so worried he checked to see if I was still alive. He was disappointed to find I was. 😝

Anyway, managed to get the old Suzuki TL1000S back to the UK and sold with the help of a good mate.......so naturally I needed to replace it with something to thrash around on.

I give you the venerable CBR600F3, steel frame and carbs with an offensively loud Arrow can. Just the job! 😝😝👍

5D7D2690-C0DC-480F-B7E8-972B93C85B5B.jpeg

E43C227D-C351-4C10-AF64-1E3DBACC34CC.jpeg

E378265B-FA48-48DA-9192-C221917C10B1.jpeg

59D65E24-A134-4F71-ACD8-7ABF161F346A.jpeg

• Like 6

It looks amazing, that's the best looking CBR600 generation ever as far as I'm concerned. Also the first bike I went fast in, on the back seat as a teenager :classic_laugh:

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Skippy said:

It’s been a while since I last posted and Pete was so worried he checked to see if I was still alive. He was disappointed to find I was.

Fucking gutted I was too! :classic_laugh:

And you got a sportsbike? Bloody hell.......what made you decide to go for something like that Ray?

Just now, XTreme said:

Fucking gutted I was too! :classic_laugh:

And you got a sportsbike? Bloody hell.......what made you decide to go for something like that Ray?

He had one already!

17 minutes ago, Pedro said:

He had one already!

I didn't understand the reason behind that one either!

The riding position doesn't do us oldies any favours.

Just now, XTreme said:

I didn't understand the reason behind that one either!

The riding position doesn't do us oldies any favours.

I think that might be on a case to case basis, some guys are used to it and comfortable. 

I used to see a proper old dude on a ducati 916 on the Nurburgring all the time, one of the most extreme bikes ever. He did walk crooked off the bike too, though :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Ha ha sorry for the very delayed reply but the reason for buying it was my ‘inner-stupid’ surfaced again……..and it was dirt cheap.

Handles well and goes like stink when it hits 7-8k rpm……..and the howl from the Arrow can is addictive 🤣🤣

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Skippy said:

Ha ha sorry for the very delayed reply but the reason for buying it was my ‘inner-stupid’ surfaced again……..and it was dirt cheap.

Handles well and goes like stink when it hits 7-8k rpm……..and the howl from the Arrow can is addictive 🤣🤣

Is your neighbour impressed Ray? :classic_unsure:

1 minute ago, Skippy said:

Of course, I’ve seen him get very excited when I start it up at 0630 😜

By the wife, Michelle's Himalayan has fucked up again!

5 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Hot now though!

It’s way to hot to be riding at all to be honest and I have all good intentions of not going out but then I give in and go anyway. When I get home I’m sweating like a pig and swear I’ll never do it again. That is, until the next time. 😝

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Skippy said:

It’s way to hot to be riding at all to be honest and I have all good intentions of not going out but then I give in and go anyway. When I get home I’m sweating like a pig and swear I’ll never do it again. That is, until the next time. 😝

Way over 40 here last Sunday......and it got hot very early!

So no hope for me!

14 hours ago, XTreme said:

Way over 40 here last Sunday......and it got hot very early!

So no hope for me!

It was just over 38 here on Sunday which was bad enough but when the dogs went out for a final run around the garden at 2315 it was still 34!……….aircon went on in the bedroom all night mate. 😝

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Skippy said:

It was just over 38 here on Sunday which was bad enough but when the dogs went out for a final run around the garden at 2315 it was still 34!……….aircon went on in the bedroom all night mate. 😝

No aircon here Ray......we're fucking hard!

And sweaty!

Nervous Ted Striker GIF by filmeditor