WEEKEND!

Tym

Tomorrow don't look too clever! :classic_unsure:

1843114683_Screenshot2021-06-04152822.jpg.f3d708ae25be9420daa1696b2f2909b5.jpg

So my only hope is Sunday!

Having said that I do have a lot of work to get through this weekend as well.

• Like 2

I spent the weekend staying at my parents' home, going for two very short walks in the morning with my dog, and one short one in the afternoon, as he's got a very poorly knee after having damaged an acl ligament, if it doesn't mean anything in english I don't know how to explain, point being he needs rest but being a dog he still fancies going out and smelling them bitches! 

the wire drinking GIF

Me? I just spent all week hanging out with him and dealing with business, may has probably been the best month I've had since beginning of last year business wise, but always with the spanish axe hanging over my neck, guess what I have in common with my dog?

the wire drinking GIF

Now, having dealt with some customers and suppliers while watching the final qualifying race for tomorrow's Nurburgring 24H race I am trying to decide if tomorrow is going to be motorcycle riding day in northern Portugal (not my cup of tea traffic wise) or if I'll just walk Costa and then watch the start of the 24N live on youtube after lunch, it's a tough call so far! (I know, not a proper biker!!)

After having had a bottle and a half of nice white wine from the Alentejo, I am struging to make this decision clear headed.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I spent the weekend staying at my parents' home, going for two very short walks in the morning with my dog, and one short one in the afternoon,

So in ingerlish you took your dog for a shit twice :classic_laugh:

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

So in ingerlish you took your dog for a shit twice :classic_laugh:

Sorry, i meant week, I have been working though, quite a lot between dog shits!

• Haha 3

Off to help a friend collect a 1980 3ltr capri in a bit. Gonna talk him into firing it up if we can, only been standing 30 years after a very small accident.

Jab part 2 at 4pm then watch the F1 qually with a beer or 3.

• Like 4

Weather is very nice, here, but can't get myself to go for a ride even though I've been looking forward to it all week. It's full of twats on bikes outside, and I know I'll be annoyed by weekend traffic if I go somewhere in the hills. I don't like riding up here in the north, so just had a nice walk with Costa, and will have an early lunch to then watch the 24H Nurburgring, which is a race very close to my heart and promises to have changing and challenging weather this year, it'll be THE motorsport to watch this weekend. 

You can watch it live here:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Catteeclan said:

Off to help a friend collect a 1980 3ltr capri in a bit. Gonna talk him into firing it up if we can, only been standing 30 years after a very small accident.

Jab part 2 at 4pm then watch the F1 qually with a beer or 3.

Wow, pics please Dave.  That must've cost him some dosh or has he struck lucky ?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Weather is very nice, here, but can't get myself to go for a ride even though I've been looking forward to it all week. It's full of twats on bikes outside, and I know I'll be annoyed by weekend traffic if I go somewhere in the hills. I don't like riding up here in the north, so just had a nice walk with Costa, and will have an early lunch to then watch the 24H Nurburgring, which is a race very close to my heart and promises to have changing and challenging weather this year, it'll be THE motorsport to watch this weekend. 

No i cant. Not available in this country.🤓

The roads are jammed here, no fun riding with all the neck twisters out, apparently there is a big jam heading towards the NC500 with loads of vehicles being held up by a bunch of twats on hairdryers.

• Haha 7

3 hours ago, Tym said:

No i cant. Not available in this country.🤓

The english version is probably blocked and used by a paying channel, see if you get this:

5 hours ago, Pedro said:

Great shout Pedro, Ive been watching it from the start, carnage now that it's raining .  Much more exciting than F1 👍

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Great shout Pedro, Ive been watching it from the start, carnage now that it's raining .  Much more exciting than F1 👍

Kevin Estre is a star, starting from 11º I knew it was going to be amazing with a half dry and half wet track, he's the man! To me, there's nothing like these Nurburgring expert drivers in conditions like this.

5 hours ago, boboneleg said:

Wow, pics please Dave.  That must've cost him some dosh or has he struck lucky ?

Sorry, I'll get some pics next time round. 

We freed the rear brake by taking off the rear drum, the other side someone had been there before and removed the shoes? Then we could push it outside the garage.
Got it back to his home and within 1/2 hour we had it running. Not for too long as I wasn't sure the water was fully circulating but long enough to dump the old oil. Took some of the hoses off and there's plenty of crap in there so stripped off loads of other hoses so we can flush it out later.
Both front calipers sized but with new cylinders on the rear we've now got some braking. Gaggin to take it down the road. Automatic gearbox engaged drive and reverse too.
Had to leave to get my second jab and left him to give it a good scrub.
O and yes, very lucky for the price he gave. It's a German made one and other than a couple of small places in bloody good condition bar the accident damage.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Catteeclan said:

Sorry, I'll get some pics next time round. 

We freed the rear brake by taking off the rear drum, the other side someone had been there before and removed the shoes? Then we could push it outside the garage.
Got it back to his home and within 1/2 hour we had it running. Not for too long as I wasn't sure the water was fully circulating but long enough to dump the old oil. Took some of the hoses off and there's plenty of crap in there so stripped off loads of other hoses so we can flush it out later.
Both front calipers sized but with new cylinders on the rear we've now got some braking. Gaggin to take it down the road. Automatic gearbox engaged drive and reverse too.
Had to leave to get my second jab and left him to give it a good scrub.
O and yes, very lucky for the price he gave. It's a German made one and other than a couple of small places in bloody good condition bar the accident damage.

Nice, is it a 3.0 S ? 

16 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I thought they were onto the 2.8 V6 by 1980?

No, the 2.8i came out in 1982.  Lots of 'discussion' amongst Capri owners/fans about which is best.  I'd go for the 3.0 Essex engine myself.

• Like 2