Like old times.......

XTreme

47 minutes ago, Swagman said:

He just licks his ass @Clive makes it all good.🤣

It's pitiful really.....I can remember when he rampaged round that place like The Terminator.

At one point there was even a waiting list to flounce because of him

Now he just sucks up and grovels over there......I think he's just desperate to "belong".

Sad Michael Scott GIF

• Haha 3

And @Clive.....noticed we changed the forum name to one that encompasses all types of bikes?

So anybody who doesn't have an adventure or dualsport machine should not feel out of place.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, XTreme said:

And @Clive.....noticed we changed the forum name to one that encompasses all types of bikes?

So anybody who does who doesn't have an adventure or dualsport machine should not feel out of place.

To be honest I never noticed😕......I am new,getting used to the forum and rules!.

Rules!....now there's a laugh.😂

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

One of the LEJOG peeps was a 76 year old on a 125 scooter with a bin bag bunjeed to the back of his scoot- so f’in cool!

I think Nathan Millward put his pic on FB.....amazing guy!

• Like 1

I have ridden/toured further on a scoot than on any of the bikes that i have had in the past.😕........and the guy I rode with was just the same, his gear stuffed in a black bin bag.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Clive said:

I have ridden/toured further on a scoot than on any of the bikes that i have had in the past.😕........and the guy I rode with was just the same, his gear stuffed in a black bin bag.

Maxi scooters are getting quite popular for touring. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Buckster said:

You go into any large town or city here and they're everywhere.

The anti-Scooter mentality doesn't exist here.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Buckster said:

Now the scoots are getting 560cc...650cc and 750cc they are very capable at covering long distances in relative comfort, Gilera did make a 850cc V twin scoot, no longer manufactured.

With large under seat storage, top box and cubby holes in the leg shields carrying stuff ain't a problem.

My buddy has a 2021 Yamaha T Max.....electric screen, cruise control, heated grips and seat, 3 riding modes, a great machine, but at nigh on £12,000 it ought to be.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, XTreme said:

You go into any large town or city here and they're everywhere.

On a scooter forum I look at there are more and more (old twats like me😂) ex bikers coming to scoots, as they seize up with age and can't get a leg over the bike any longer they turn to a step thru scoot, but most of the bigger scoots are not a true step thru like a Vespa.

4 minutes ago, Clive said:

On a scooter forum I look at there are more and more (old twats like me😂) ex bikers coming to scoots, as they seize up with age and can't get a leg over the bike any longer they turn to a step thru scoot, but most of the bigger scoots are not a true step thru like a Vespa.

That's where I started......and I've never ruled out the possibility that one day (due to age) I'll end up back on one!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

What anti scooter mentality 🤔

It is getting less so on the road now days, a few years ago a guy on a big bike would not acknowledge a scooter.....when parked up (not so much with my old scoot) they ask questions about them......a few years ago they would not even give you the time of day.

All will say is, if your local Yamaha/ Honda dealer has any demo scoots (Yamaha T Max or Honda Forza 750) give them a go, just for a giggle, you may be surprised.......but don't ask "how much mister".😨

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, XTreme said:

That's where I started......and I've never ruled out the possibility that one day (due to age) I'll end up back on one!

A Honda ADV 750 for you then.👍

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Clive said:

It is getting less so on the road now days, a few years ago a guy on a big bike would not acknowledge a scooter.....when parked up (not so much with my old scoot) they ask questions about them......a few years ago they would not even give you the time of day.

All will say is, if your local Yamaha/ Honda dealer has any demo scoots (Yamaha T Max or Honda Forza 750) give them a go, just for a giggle, you may be surprised.......but don't ask "how much mister".😨

I'm of the mentality that i don't care what you ride as long as its two wheels i will acknowledge you even if its a Harley lol but i draw the line at those Gs things excluding Pedro of course  :classic_laugh:

• Haha 5

19 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Absolutely not, however...  Would oldschool bikers be seen on them? Not here, they wouldn't!

I have no problem with scooters, my GS having next to none space under the seat I dream of the time when I have an excuse to have under seat space for groceries or a weekend's change of clothing!

I have had wine on a friday, honestly allert!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

Stupid money......they all hold their price well here! 10 year old 650 Burgman €5300.

https://motos.coches.net/ocasion/suzuki/burgman_650_executive/2011-en-granada-7436376.htm

GAY shit right there with the 750 Hondas, if you own a big scooter be a proper man and own up to it!

In fact, the gayest shit I've ever seen was a couple on one of those 750 Hondas with aluminium cases, might as well have been the guys from "wham!" touring incognito!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, XTreme said:

Stupid money......they all hold their price well here! 10 year old 650 Burgman €5300.

https://motos.coches.net/ocasion/suzuki/burgman_650_executive/2011-en-granada-7436376.htm

Oh yes they hold their money, I had 2001 Yamaha T Max, bought it at 3 year old from CMC Clay Cross for the sum of £1999 (they where about £4500 new then) and I see similar scoots now for up to £3000!......go figure.🤔

• Like 1