The Name Change! Was it a step up or a cock up?

XTreme

As you know we changed the name of the site a month ago to appeal to a wider demographic. It was a calculated risk given that we were the third place site on searches for "Adventure Motorcycle Forum".

The problem there was that because we'd put all our eggs in one basket in terms of Adventure, we were nowhere on searches for "Motorcycle Forum" which is the main search term.

The risk we took with the name change was that we would end up nowhere on either search term for some considerable time. So essentially it would be back to square one!

However after one month (due to numerous 301 redirects, new meta descriptions, page headers, and thousands of backlinks), Motorcycle Riders has now taken over Adventure Motorcycle's number three position on Google for Adventure searches. So we retained what we had!

And totally unexpectedly we are now on Page 4 for searches under "Motorcycle Forum". We never had anything like that on the old domain even after a year!

So it's a good result so far. Others seem to be noticing because I saw that another forum had taken our main meta description and slightly modified it for their own use.

But then......I'm always prepared to help others out!

kramer GIF

What you say @Tym?

• Like 4

Just now, Pedro said:

Are the big bucks finally going to start rolling in?

How can you make big bucks from a forum that has no membership fees, no subscriptions, no donations, and no advertising?

Ryan Reynolds Reaction GIF

5 minutes ago, XTreme said:

How can you make big bucks from a forum that has no membership fees, no subscriptions, no donations, and no advertising?

Ryan Reynolds Reaction GIF

Joking Just Kidding GIF

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Pedro said:

Joking Just Kidding GIF

I'm disappointed.....I thought you might have come up with a money making angle that didn't involve members paying or accepting advertising!

34 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I'm disappointed.....I thought you might have come up with a money making angle that didn't involve members paying or accepting advertising!

How about 5€ to punch a miserable ginger?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Buckster said:

I’m already here.

It's a weight off my mind that I can leave the onslaught of greasy kebab-eating cunts in your capable hands Ian! :littleguy:

30 minutes ago, XTreme said:

It's a weight off my mind that I can leave the onslaught of greasy kebab-eating cunts in your capable hands Ian! :littleguy:

The place would be overrun if I wasn’t here watching the gate.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

Get back in your box you dithering old twat!

What you say Clive?

Not as old as you though gramps.👍

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, yen_powell said:

I couldn't even tell you what this place was called before or now without looking. If I lose my link on my favourites I would be in trouble. 

That happened to me Yen 😳

24 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

That happened to me Yen 😳

I save my favourites about 3 times a year and put them safely away. That way when I load chrome up on a new PC I can still have everything where I expect to find it.

Thats all well and good butt, im going to have stuff with the word "Adventure" on it for at least the next 10 years watch an see.

🤓

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Mawsley said:

Clearly this is everyone tuning in to read about my most excellent adventure north to the land of the heathens. I should receive payment.

You do bring in the crowds Dave.....just to eyeball what a massive cunt you are!

Michael Richards Yes GIF

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Six30 said:

561C40C3-9144-4EB6-A38D-A16B4386714D.gif

When you report back to the other forum next you'll have to mention that I've changed our meta description again......just in case they need any more inspiration!

And hopefully it'll get you out of the shit for using the word "gay".

Next Level Gay GIF

What you say @Mawsley @Richzx6r @Swagman

• Haha 3

I don't think the other place would know what to do with anything inspirational, it would fly over the moderators and owners' heads quicker than sarcasm

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, XTreme said:

When you report back to the other forum next you'll have to mention that I've changed our meta description again......just in case they need any more inspiration!

And hopefully it'll get you out of the shit for using the word "gay".

Next Level Gay GIF

What you say @Mawsley @Richzx6r @Swagman

The fucking idiot had another little hissy fit couple of days ago ... cause I said gay again ....

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Six30 said:

The fucking idiot had another little hissy fit couple of days ago ... cause I said gay again ....

Why is he not (gay)sorry HAPPY with your comments seems strange.

31 minutes ago, Six30 said:

Oh FFS!

Now this is where Mods and Admins need to step in and tell him that "gay" is not a taboo word on the site!

And.....very important.....he cannot apply his own values and rules and designate what is or isn't acceptable on the forum. But no doubt they didn't do that did they?

So the same situation is going to reoccur again with somebody else and with another word that he doesn't like.

Happy Jonah Hill GIF