Mawsley

NC500 by scooters

Clock is ticking down to me being able to break my diet for a week - seven days of deep fried Cadbury’s Creme Eggs or whatever the National dish is up there. 

Friday morning kicks off with a meet at a Greggs in Corby for essential fuelling. The weight I’ve lost is going to be challenged. 

Thanks to GoPro being dicks I’ll not have any video footage but I’m sure I’ll be able to manage a couple of pictures of my arse. 

FDE69BE9-66D7-4B30-82B1-744DF2179934.jpeg

68C09EE3-4D49-422F-A48C-18CE291EA4DB.jpeg

F20EAD4B-75BF-4316-B27A-4EF6394D0D76.jpeg

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Fingers crossed it don't piss down Dave!

And you're going near Edinburgh? You gotta meet @Buckster so he can call you a cunt! :littleguy:

It will have to be incognito, he is on a scooter, even my reputation could be damaged being seen with shite like that.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, XTreme said:

Fingers crossed it don't piss down Dave!

And you're going near Edinburgh? You gotta meet @Buckster so he can call you a cunt! :littleguy:

Nope. The rest are - I’m riding straight home from north of Inverness in one hit. I’m reckoning I’ll have had my fill of 30-50mph and constant roadside breakdowns by then. Plus, I want to play footy on the Sunday. 

Going to have the helmet speakers charged and I’ve two sets of Bluetooth earphones so I can just sing my way south.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Buckster said:

It will have to be incognito, he is on a scooter, even my reputation could be damaged being seen with shite like that.

Trust me - it’s impossible for bikers to think less of you tractor drivers. 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Mawsley said:

I’m reckoning I’ll have had my fill of 30-50mph and constant roadside breakdowns by then.

Are they going to go that slow? :classic_unsure:

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

Are they going to go that slow? :classic_unsure:

50mph isn't that slow for touring country roads on scooters, is it? 

7 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Yes it is......that would be mind numbing!

3 hours ago, Pedro said:

It will be slow for the A roads but once on the north coast they'll be lucky to be doing 30 to 40mph

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mawsley said:

Trust me - it’s impossible for bikers to think less of you tractor drivers. 

But we are the only bikers, the rest of you are just PoBs.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Pedro said:

Just fast enough to get rundown by myopic grannies in Hyundai’s.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Buckster said:

But we are the only bikers, the rest of you are just PoBs.

Noun. pobs pl (plural only) (Northern England) Pieces of bread soaked in hot milk used as a comfort food for children during illness.:classic_unsure:

• Haha 2

shiba inu GIF by Rover.com

Three days later. “We are nearing the border with Scotland, Billy has ran out of water and two of the crew have scurvy”.

• Haha 7

4 hours ago, Tym said:

Break a leg!

He won’t be going fast enough. The best he could manage will be a scraped shin.

• Haha 3

One day to go and I finally get a camera...but the petrol can I ordered that was meant to be here last Friday still hasn't shown up. Here's me hoping there's petrol stations beyond the wall. Failing all else I'm taking small wraps of scag that I can trade with the locals for essentials like fuel, deep fried Mars bars, and a night with someone's mother who's also their sister.

Now, having taught myself how to use the fade function, I need to learn how to edit out the awful wind noise and work out how to stop clocking up tons of superfluous footage.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Vid seems a bit grainy Dave?

It’s the Vespa version of the GoPro.

31 minutes ago, Mawsley said:

One day to go and I finally get a camera...but the petrol can I ordered that was meant to be here last Friday still hasn't shown up. Here's me hoping there's petrol stations beyond the wall. Failing all else I'm taking small wraps of scag that I can trade with the locals for essentials like fuel, deep fried Mars bars, and a night with someone's mother who's also their sister.

Now, having taught myself how to use the fade function, I need to learn how to edit out the awful wind noise and work out how to stop clocking up tons of superfluous footage.

Just put music in place of the sound, no one wants the hear that piece of crap anyway.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Vid seems a bit grainy Dave?

4k 60fps apparently, but I'm guessing I lost out on conversion. I've a bit to teach myself.