High Douro and Serra da Estrela, second day of the Portuguese trip

Pedro

So, got to editing this and it ended up too long for most people, still, it's got pretty great views, some of my favourite roads, some castles, the Serra da Estrela in the rain, and much more of my voice over it all ... :classic_unsure: ... which isn't really a bonus

Watch at your own risk, I kinda like it, though

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Mainly to keep myself entertained, I continued to edit a few videos of my ride from North Portugal to the Algarve.

The end results are not what I would have liked, I ended most days with no battery left on the camera, mostly from filming boring shit or leaving the camera on while having lunch , and somehow lost some footage. To top it, I lost a piece of my mounting system and ended the trip with a crap camera location. It was quite frustrating to edit, but I "helped" by narrating.

Center, starting in Serra da Estrela, including a short walk in Piodão, and more rain before the Alentejo:

Alentejo, Alter do Chão through to Estremoz's Castle, and sleep in Monsaraz

Plans weren't followed this day, there's a swimming pool, though:

The Algarve, the end of the trip deserved more than just a short clip of some twisties, I failed with the camera:

• Like 5

Thanks, Pete. 

Yes, older parts of town are usually cobblestone, although they modernize the roads and streets with faster traffic. Plenty of towns and cities in Portugal, Spain, France and Italy have them though.

• Like 1

Just now, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

@XTreme Mijas is definitely cobbly and you’ve got Mirador San Nicolas, Granada’s most famous viewpoint which I think is in Albaicin. It’s seriously steep narrow and cobbled.. so I’m told, I didn’t attempt it!

Never been to them.......where I am, finding smooth tarmac once you're off the main roads is rare.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Pedro said:

Mainly to keep myself entertained, I continued to edit a few videos of my ride from North Portugal to the Algarve.

The end results are not what I would have liked, I ended most days with no battery left on the camera, mostly from filming boring shit or leaving the camera on while having lunch , and somehow lost some footage. To top it, I lost a piece of my mounting system and ended the trip with a crap camera location. It was quite frustrating to edit, but I "helped" by narrating.

Center, starting in Serra da Estrela, including a short walk in Piodão, and more rain before the Alentejo:

Alentejo, Alter do Chão through to Estremoz's Castle, and sleep in Monsaraz

Plans weren't followed this day, there's a swimming pool, though:

The Algarve, the end of the trip deserved more than just a short clip of some twisties, I failed with the camera:

No failure in sight!! Thank you for taking the time to make these lovely videos, forever recording beautiful memories. You spent a lot of time making them, hence donating your time, the most precious of things we have. Thank you. 👍🙏