Trip West 2021

Earache

34 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

Don't panic, you can't get it on your bike via an internet photograph.

That’s his luck for having a great antivirus

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, XTreme said:

Don't you end up with salt on the bikes though Eric?

I didn't take my bike out on the salt, stayed on the paved section at the edge of the salt. Todd took his out there at a very slow speed. That will eat the aluminum right off of your bike if ya leave it on there very long.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Earache said:

I didn't take my bike out on the salt, stayed on the paved section at the edge of the salt. Todd took his out there at a very slow speed. That will eat the aluminum right off of your bike if ya leave it on there very long.

Ride it on the salt and then rush back to town for a power wash?

On 06/06/2021 at 05:42, Earache said:

No.

you werent in California?   We've never waited in line at any construction stop like that.  Most people dont even blink, when we ride to the front.  No matter the state.  There is zero impact on car drivers as you are gone much quicker when they let traffic start moving again.

• Like 1

On 06/06/2021 at 09:36, XTreme said:

Bonneville Salt Flats......what a legendary location!

oh, yeah!!

P5150223.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, alfalfa said:

you werent in California?   We've never waited in line at any construction stop like that.  Most people dont even blink, when we ride to the front.  No matter the state.  There is zero impact on car drivers as you are gone much quicker when they let traffic start moving again.

That'll get you a ticket here. Not saying you can't try it, but if a cop sees you, you're done.

This was in Cali and they had people out making sure no one split - we asked. And they had cops there to back it up along with "double fines in construction zones". Hardly worth trying it just to try to save 3 minutes.

traffic1.jpg

• Like 2

On 07/06/2021 at 20:39, Earache said:

That'll get you a ticket here. Not saying you can't try it, but if a cop sees you, you're done.

This was in Cali and they had people out making sure no one split - we asked. And they had cops there to back it up along with "double fines in construction zones". Hardly worth trying it just to try to save 3 minutes.

traffic1.jpg

really?  That doesnt compute. You arent lane jumping when you filter, so i'm guessing a heavy  handed flag holder.  We've been flagged to the front of stopped traffic in several states. Its usually Colorado where we run into the "sensitive" types and get 511'd.  Next time that happens to me there, i'm getting the group to drive the speed limit in all lanes and let them sallies behind me stew 🙂

Double fines dont apply if you arent violating a regulation.  I would have instructed the yellow creature in the errors of their way.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Earache said:

They even had cones set up between lanes to keep you from splitting. Taking things a little too seriously. But we didn't care. 

I like those cones, just provide a nice barrier between myself on the wrong lane and all the cars stuck behind the cones :classic_laugh:

I appreciate it's a different atitude towards traffic management, here and there, though.

• Like 1

In Spain (or Portugal..... we were lost) I saw a robot man at roadworks waving a flag as a warning. He looked slightly more intelligent than some of the blokes I have had doing traffic management for me in the past.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

16 hours ago, Earache said:

They even had cones set up between lanes to keep you from splitting. Taking things a little too seriously. But we didn't care. 

Beauty of riding bikes, YOU get to choose 🙂

Where was this happening?   Just seems out of the norm for most of Calif.  I've seen the flag bears go a little Respect my Authoritay sometimes.  Fun to school them on the real rules.