Trip West 2021

Earache

The Cove used to be our go to California destination. But the hotel prices have gone outta sight so we don't stay there anymore. Shame as I really like the seclusion of the place, watching sea lions on the rocks and deer in the yards......

IMG_5520.JPG

IMG_5523.JPG

IMG_5524.JPG

IMG_5528.JPG

IMG_5530.JPG

• Like 6

Had an uneventful ride back to the hotel from Shelter Cove. Up early the next day and headed for Oregon. Morning was cool at 50F / 10C and a little damp from the sea mist blowing in...

IMG_5540.JPG

IMG_5541.JPG

IMG_5542.JPG

IMG_5544.JPG

• Like 5

106F / 42C as we crossed southern Oregon. Beyond hot. Wasn't too bad while moving but stopping for fuel made you sweat a bit.

We head for elevation and Crater Lake to cool down...

IMG_5551.JPG

IMG_5552.JPG

IMG_5554.JPG

IMG_5556.JPG

• Like 5

After an overnight stay in Klamath Falls, OR, we head out into central Oregon and aim towards home. Not a lot out here. 150 miles between fuel stops and Todd's Duc nearly ran outta fuel a couple of times...

IMG_5574.JPG

IMG_5576.JPG

IMG_5578.JPG

IMG_5581.JPG

IMG_5583.JPG

• Like 5

Landed in Wendover, Nevada on this night. Nice enough little gambling town in the desert. Got up before dawn to head out in an attempt to beat the heat of the day...

Early AM Webdover.jpg

IMG_5588.JPG

IMG_5590.JPG

• Like 5

WOW, the huge trees, the crater lake, the Salt Flats, the desert roads, that's all amazing. The temperature changes are also amazing.

The size of that lake and the water colour is mesmerizing.

Left Bonneville, hauled ass through Salt Lake City and turned south towards Moab. Temps were up around 105F again so Dave and Debbie didn't wanna ride through Moab - they just got on the freeway and blasted for the hotel. Todd and I were foolish enough to go look at some other stuff..

IMG_5627.JPG

IMG_5629.JPG

IMG_5634.JPG

IMG_5635.JPG

IMG_5639.JPG

• Like 6

Todd was beyond hot at this point and attempted some roadside body heat control.

Stayed overnight in Grand Junction, Colorado before getting up at 0500 Saturday to hit the interstate for home. Made to the house and put another trip in to the books. Sure was fun.

hot todd.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Are you not allowed to filter past that stationery traffic ?

IMG_5547.thumb.JPG.50c8862e67c244051912fcfe73abc2c5.JPG.3c31345734cc4b8c9ae14a95f74fc668.JPG

If I ever do ride in the US, I don't know how I would cope with being stuck in normal traffic like if driving a car.

2 hours ago, Earache said:

No.

OMG !  that's the whole point of having a bike . I suppose if you're used to it then it doesn't bother you but that would drive me nuts.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, XTreme said:

Bonneville Salt Flats......what a legendary location!

Very cool spot. A few more piccies from there...

IMG_5599.JPG

IMG_5602.JPG

IMG_5618.JPG

IMG_5619.JPG

IMG_5620.JPG

IMG_5622.JPG

IMG_5623.JPG

IMG_5625.JPG

• Like 4