Trip West 2021

Earache

Friday was the first day of the first trip of the year - headed to the west coast of USA.

Had to bundle up to get outta my home area, 28F / -3C when we left Colorado...

IMG_5174.JPG

IMG_5176.JPG

• Like 7

Got out of the mountains and into the desert, so my bud Todd had to shed a few layers in the fuel station parking lot (as you do). Small children that witnessed this spectacle are scarred for life now....

IMG_5179.JPG

IMG_5180.JPG

IMG_5181.JPG

IMG_5182.JPG

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Hauled butt to our swanky digs for the night in Richfield, Utah, crossing the desert at 100 mph most of the way. We were the only ones out here today....

IMG_07221.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

• Like 9

4 hours ago, XTreme said:

Great stuff Eric......how long are you away for?

7 days this trip. All the time off from work that Todd and my other buddy, Dave, could get from work.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pedro said:

4 days, 38000 miles!

Close! This will b e  7 days an d 4,200 miles or so. Did 500 miles yesterday and will be about 600 today. Then we'll have lower mileage days before heading back east. Should be fun!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Pedro said:

That white GS seems to be a partner on most of your travels, any issues compared to the Tenere?

That's Dave's bike - have ridden with Dave for 35 years and have been many places with him. He's riding this trip with his wife Debbie as pillion.

No issues with either bike other than Dave's is kinda lardy with panniers, top b ox and tons of shit on it. Hard to travel light when you have a passenger.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

What filling does that have ?

20210528_184535.thumb.jpg.3d694d2ba8bed06a946f186848aef2c0.jpg.41bfff7196975e7caa0a1235c36ffe65.jpg

I wondered myself, Poodle? Schnauzer?

It was supposed to be chicken but I had my doubts. Only beer they had was the pictured Modelo - pissy stuff and it was kinda warm. Just what ya want after riding in 95F/35C temps all afternoon.

But Utah had some weird liquor  laws and I was lucky to get a beer at all.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Earache said:

That's Dave's bike - have ridden with Dave for 35 years and have been many places with him. He's riding this trip with his wife Debbie as pillion.

No issues with either bike other than Dave's is kinda lardy with panniers, top b ox and tons of shit on it. Hard to travel light when you have a passenger.

I bet carrying clothing to ride in extreme cold inside the luggage most of the time doesn’t help.

15 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I bet carrying clothing to ride in extreme cold inside the luggage most of the time doesn’t help.

We're weird; we wear the same clothing no matter what while riding. Todd was the only one to wear some long underwear. I wear just a tee shirt under my jacket regardless of the weather. Brought along one pair of shorts and one pair of pants, 4 tee shirts and thats about it. Same with Dave. Although his wife brought a little more clothing.

Will have to do a laundry day someplace along the trip after day 4.

• Like 1

I''d like to say we rode some cool curves amongst the lush greenery in the area, but this is the desert and we didn't. Just 100 mph straights all day....

IMG_5212.JPG

IMG_5214.JPG

IMG_5216.JPG

IMG_5218.JPG

• Like 4

545  miles later and we're in the oh so swanky Hawthorne Inn. Looks like 1970 in here with the orange walls and old furniture, but we were lucky to get a room. Place is sold out as there's not a lot else within  100 miles....

IMG_5233.JPG

IMG_5234.JPG

IMG_5235.JPG

IMG_5236.JPG

IMG_5237.JPG

• Like 3