In which tigger meets piglet

MooN

No1 decided she'd teach No's 2aĀ & 2b to make banana pancakes but they needed to go shopping first. I profitedĀ from their absence to bugger off out of it whilst they weren't looking!Ā :wave:Ā šŸ¤£

Weather still very unstable with some big storm cells moving north and east. I rode out east through Chablis but before getting far got a text from Madame Moon saying that Vermenton ( south and west of me) had just been hit by a big thunder and lightening storm and some really heavy rain. I looked over that way, behind me, to thisĀ DSC04616.thumb.JPG.8617bedbaab065d2052ec246af387b4e.JPGĀ " Oh Poo" said Tigger, and turned and fled north, in an attempt to outrun the front and turn round the north end of it's leading edge thus avoiding the worst of the rain.

I had to run a fair way north and east before turning back west and nipping under the very northern edge of the front. this is looking at it from the other side, so looking east once I'd passed under it's northern edge and come out the other side.

DSC04623.thumb.JPG.e4ec104199423e46a8e2e83c02ca2b70.JPG

plenty of lightening ( which I obviously wasn't capable of getting a pic of) and once stopped I could clearly hear the thunder, despite idling engine, helmet and earplugs.

Once out the other side, it turned out quite pleasant again

DSC04628.thumb.JPG.7fc340a53ce800d17076beb04f9f7c28.JPG

and whilst wending our merry way homewards Tigger got to meet Piglets, though I think he found him a bit of a boar...:rofl:

DSC04630.thumb.JPG.daf2bee39b0fbd2ef9cb2eb129c288e5.JPG

DSC04633.thumb.JPG.d6b2462c2dd93c27ec7e82de0ce22ad4.JPG

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Just now, XTreme said:

Wild boar!Ā 

Got to be careful with those things on the road!

bloody right! pure evil on legs they are!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MooN said:

bloody right! pure evil on legs they are!

Dutch mate of mine ended up in Hospital for two weeks after hitting one!

Those look small, though.

I once drove next to a big one running at full speed on an open field, slowed the car to his speedĀ and guessed he was doing between 50 to 60kmh of sustained speed, after a minute he turned to the road and I accelerated, but still remember he wasĀ impressively fast.

Ā 

Like the storm pictures, too...

• Like 1

I' ve been told thay their eyes dont reflect light like deer or rabits do, so you don't see them at night either

My vegan cousin started moved in with her boyfriend who explored a farm in center Portugal. She was appalled to find their neighbor with the farm next door hunts will boars and has a small pack of trained dogs to helps him out. In a few months, she went from thinking he was a murderer to calling him on the phone to give him tips about where and when to find the boars in her farm.Ā Nothing like a pack of wild pigs sniffing under your front door trying to get into your kitchen at 2AM to change your mindĀ :classic_laugh:

• Haha 2