The North Coast 500

Slowlycatchymonkey

A thread for anything relating to the NC500. If you’ve done part or all of it or are planning to do it stick it here. Pics and trip tales most welcome. I imagine with the lockdown my contribution will eventually be something like- it was hideously busy, couldn’t find a place to sleep, was eaten alive by midges, did it as quickly as possible and got the hell out of there but I intend to spend the next 3 weeks daydreaming before I get to the untinted reality 😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

The east coast is full of average speed cameras with a 50mph speed limit on roads that 70mph is quite a nice cruising speed

Yeah I clocked that on google maps and I may well be going that way cos my sister in law lives in Huntly so will probably end up in speed camera hell! Then again if Millward does go over the border I’ll be doing the west side so who knows 🤷‍♀️ 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Some of my other halves Harley friends are currently doing the NC500 and are regretting it, its FREEZING 🥶 

In other news my North Coast 500 book arrived today, might be something useful in there 🤷‍♀️ 

4E9712FB-87C9-4791-AD16-3C3A6AE84993.jpeg

Good looking fella, handle bars ready fitted.:classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

😂😂😂😂

Prove it…

You prove it, you posted a ride report before even getting out of the house, that’s Buckster level to the square right there!

• Haha 2

Just now, Richzx6r said:

Or so moist everyone thinks you have pissed yourself and your gear is still moist 3 days later 🙄 

now bringing this here, because I’m a wizard on my phone!

7 minutes ago, Pedro said:

You prove it, you posted a ride report before even getting out of the house, that’s Buckster level to the square right there!

Well the thread description is for anything to do with the NC500, anyone who has done it or is planning to do it. It was a little optimistic hoping to get useful advice on here before I departed I know but hey you live in hope!

Spoiler alert.. it was MOIST 

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Don’t bring me into this you Porto queerboy.