Yens graveyard music thread

yen_powell

I find this guy's dissection of songs really interesting. This one is for Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb. Have a watch if you're a music nerd like me. 😂😂

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Tango said:

I find this guy's dissection of songs really interesting. This one is for Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb. Have a watch if you're a music nerd like me. 😂😂

Pink floyd is probably the best group ever made 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Richzx6r said:

Pink floyd is probably the best group ever made 

I won't disagree with you! Saw them perform the Wall at Earl's Court on the tour for that album. 

2 minutes ago, Tango said:

I won't disagree with you! Saw them perform the Wall at Earl's Court on the tour for that album. 

The 1994 tour? I wish I could have seen them live just have to make do with tribute bands 😪 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Richzx6r said:

The 1994 tour? I wish I could have seen them live just have to make do with tribute bands 😪 

No, the 1981 tour. Just after the release of the album. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Richzx6r said:

Must say I'm glad you brought this guy to my attention i think I'll be watching more of his stuff 

Yeah, he does some really interesting stuff on music and music theory. His "What makes this song great" series I find really interesting. Songs that I know really well, he dissects and highlights bits in them that I never knew were there!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tango said:

No, the 1981 tour. Just after the release of the album. 

I’m not a concert guy as I like to avoid crowds, but I was too busy getting born :classic_laugh:

• Haha 3

After searching Kursaal vids on the other thread this came up. If you wind back to the beginning before the music you get lots of aerial video of the pier and the Kursaal. The pier is still it's original length (1976 the film)  before some twat sailed a ship though  the middle of it. Only a mile long nowadays, I walked it a few months back, but got the train back to shore. A local told me that the people stranded in the cut off section after the accident weren't very happy at the time.

On 30 June 1986, a 54.9-metre (180 ft) tanker named Kings Abbey crashed into the pier, severing a 21.3-metre (70 ft) gap from the new pierhead to the rest of the pier, destroying the boathouse used by the lifeboat service and causing major structural damage due to the destruction of iron piles and supporting girders.

I hated Dr Feelgood after seeing them about three years running at the Kent Custom Show, but this one song I do like, regularly played in the garage or car.

• Like 2