Sofia and Pedro's motorcycle diaries

Sofia

First day was full of adventure and amazing views of the Douro Valley away from the tourist. Beautiful nature and at the same time man made landscapes that look like gardens but are actually working farms of wine and olives.

This is a little daily news video, later will come riding videos.

• Like 7

Great vid. Feel like I’m on holiday with you ? Like where you shot the video and even more liked that the audio quality was good because normally theres wind noise wrecking it.

Soz about the dimwit in the car, glad youre ok. Not great for the confidence is it but you look the sort who will manage to push on past it to triumph.. triumph boom boom.. aw come on who doesnt like a cracker joke?!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Sofia said:

I love them as long as they dont hit me thanks to the silly humans. 

I had a 87 year old lady say she dint see my Peterbilt or the 48 by 3 foot relective stripe on my trailer.

Bottom line is, they are trying to kill you. Some just arnt good at it.

:classic_unsure:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Nice backdrop for a video. ?

Good to know the trip started well, I am sure your confidence will soon return.  :littleguy:  Nothing like being in the saddle day after day to make you comfy with riding again!

Have fun! 

• Like 1

Day 4!! We are South of the River Tagus and enjoying dry roads. We said goodbye to the moutains and are now in the land of the cork tree.

Todays update from an old Monastery! 

DSC_6584.JPG

DSC_6585.JPG

• Like 7

52 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

How are you finding it with accomodation and restaurants etc, is there much restriction because of covid ?

Restaurants close at 10:00pm, but loads are still closed because it’s not profitable to open. Some hotels are also closed, but we’re coping

Rode for 40 or 50km today, before stopping...

3FD22FB9-04C1-4FAB-8D36-9DE035D059FC.thumb.jpeg.6c7efca32119fc7a3a5b972b63822362.jpeg

• Like 5

Unashamedly we stopped after 50 kms because it was a sin not to! The atmosphere, the food, the wine, the staff, the views. Had to be done!! 

many feelings of nostaglia hit hard because Alentejo is were many of my roots are. Nostalgic moments were many, the last one an orange cake exactly like my mothernal grandmother used to make and of course, could not stop some tears. Asked for the recipe and will start making many orange cakes!! 

DSC_6729.JPG

DSC_6714.JPG

DSC_6711.JPG

• Like 6