Western Colorado and Utah - April 10, 2021

Earache

Left home at 11:00 AM yesterday and headed west - 28F / -3C as I left. We didn't see temps above freezing for 2 hours. Once we got out of teh mountains, it got up to 50F / 10C and we were in heaven.

As it was so cold, I didn't take too many pics, just one while waiting on my bud Phil to show up in Idaho Springs..

bike.jpg

• Like 2

Sorry, lost internet connection.

Anyway, we did mostly highway driving to get west and outta the cold. But even highway riding in Colorado isn't all that bad...

copper.jpg

• Like 3

Once out of the mountains, the topography of western Colorado starts to emerge. Much flatter, more open terrain with lots of sandstone land forms...

eagle.jpg

• Like 3

We get to the hotel, only to be greeted by a  "No motorcycle parking" sign under the check-in area. It's like they knew we were coming. Bastards.

grand junction2.jpg

• Like 1

Got way too drunk out last night at the Mexican restaurant down the street, so no pics of that. Heading towards Moab today and will post some more pics when I get back.

And Phil is editing a video today, so will post a link to that.

Sure is great to finally get out on a cruise!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, XTreme said:

What sort of mileage did you do Eric?

Only did a bout 300 miles yesterday. Pretty much just straight west to get out of the mountains and into some heat. All the pics are screen grabs from Phil's GoPro as it was too cold to get the still cameras out.

Although we're at just below freezing here right now, today should warm up nicely and I'll have some better shots.

5 minutes ago, Earache said:

Only did a bout 300 miles yesterday. Pretty much just straight west to get out of the mountains and into some heat. All the pics are screen grabs from Phil's GoPro as it was too cold to get the still cameras out.

Although we're at just below freezing here right now, today should warm up nicely and I'll have some better shots.

Great stuff Eric....keep it coming!

• Like 1

Sounds like you got your Sena or whatever you have working? Or does Phil just talk to himself? ?

I haven't even finished installing mine yet, let alone figured out how to use it...

• Like 1

19 hours ago, XTreme said:

Brilliant vid Eric.......what camera is he using?

GoPro 7 - it has good stabilization and color saturation, one of the better GoPro's.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DesmoDog said:

Sounds like you got your Sena or whatever you have working? Or does Phil just talk to himself? ?

I haven't even finished installing mine yet, let alone figured out how to use it...

Well, it WAS working. Mine broke (recharge input plug pulled out), so it's back to the factory when I get back. Worked well for  a day.

14 hours ago, Pedro said:

How fast do trucks drive there? Trucks, I mean big cargo trailers, not pickups

Most company owned trucks have a speed governor on them and can usually do the speed limit for the areas that they are used.

Some independent truck owners don'[t have those and can do 90 mph if they want to . Fuel mileage suffers greatly when they do that so they don't do it often. Speed limits on the highways we were riding on are 75 or 80 mph.