Welcome Mawsley

Admin

7 minutes ago, Mawsley said:

I was going to post on the other place about how I am definitely over the hump and the biggest health problem I now have is the ridiculous hangover from last night's Pastis and gin...but it didn't seem appropriate when people are losing loved ones ?

Yeh.......very sad about Six's father! He was apparently in very good health and used to swim 3 times a week. But it still got him.

Glad to hear you're on the mend.......and I'd say the Triumph is a wiser choice than the Harley. By far! 

18 minutes ago, Mawsley said:

Then, the local one who I was convinced runs the Triumph dealership as a front operation for drug money or something (because they NEVER expressed any interest in selling bikes in the past) phoned me this morning - and I now sorta own a Tigger Alpine.

Just goes to show, even the drug business is suffering ...

Welcome, I don't know what a Tigger Alpine is though.

39 minutes ago, Clive said:

Only ever met a few of them..........on a early season meet up.?

I've never met any of them.

The only ones I've met on here.......despite the fact I go back nearly 20 years with many of the others is Renegade, Busboy, Pedro, Cupid, Dellboy, Yen Powell, And Peter O.

16 minutes ago, Mawsley said:

I did one meet on TMBF, just up the road from us, but my head was full of fuzzy felt at the time and I've precious little memory of who was there.

Completely different clientele there now than from a few years ago.

On 21/04/2020 at 03:27, Mawsley said:

Hey one and all. And Pete.

I was going to post on the other place about how I am definitely over the hump and the biggest health problem I now have is the ridiculous hangover from last night's Pastis and gin...but it didn't seem appropriate when people are losing loved ones ?

In better news, I didn't get the Hog. None of the dealers I contacted appeared to want to sell any motorbikes. Neither did the KTM or Triumph dealers. Then, the local one who I was convinced runs the Triumph dealership as a front operation for drug money or something (because they NEVER expressed any interest in selling bikes in the past) phoned me this morning - and I now sorta own a Tigger Alpine.

HP application sailed through, deposit paid - now I have to wait for lockdown to unlock so I can collect it.

Hey, Mawsley

Damned glad to meet you.  Damned gladder to hear you are over the hump on Covid.  I think you always have to joke about life - good or bad.  My own mom (89) and her 82 yr old boy-toy are coming down the backside of their infection.  Mom never event went into the hospital with it.  Her husband was hospitalized with it.  He went thru - on oxygen and feeling good, to full oxygen and probably not going to make it, finishing up with "I'm not dead yet!" and is home recuperating.  There is hope!!!

• Like 1