Baja!!!

alfalfa

23 hours ago, alfalfa said:

Most of my pics are iPhone 11, which has pretty good resolution.  Some of them are from people with better cameras.  Here is a link to full set of pics, taken by another friend. https://rickks.smugmug.com/Motorcycle-Trips/AGALOS-Baja-2021

The core group of riders in the baja trip do some great and epic rides.   It started with a 3 person trip to Alaska in 2009, and has grown in size and craziness over the years.  We try to do at least one big trip a year, and Colorado is usually the focal point.  We've ridden in Mexico and Colombia, besides the US and Canada.  These guys have either created some really good rallies (March Moto Madness is one, Ribfest is another), or attend some GSGiants stuff.  Two of the riders in the group were on different GS Trophy teams.  The KTM rider was on the latest one, in Mongolia.  Dennis was on the team that went to Thailand.  Two other friends were on the team that went to Canada.  I'm happy to say that they tolerate my poor offroad skills, and i'm not sure why ?

That sounds a like a great bunch to ride with. What an excellent evolution. Its hard to accommodate such a varied group of riders and keep everyone happy. The hardcore want the hardcore stuff and the not so hardcore dont want to hold others up or appear soft!

I went on a trip with a bunch of randoms (24 people in total) and I started off skill wise somewhere around the middle of the pack, all well and good I thought, a nice comfortable place to be, then they started dropping like flies (down to 12) and I was at the bottom along with a couple of others, its strange how it can effect you so fair play to anyone on that trip who kept going with off road gods like that making it look easy!

The group of randoms left standing that I went with are keen to do something else and I can see it might develop into something along the lines of what you’ve described but Covid shut it down before it got going so now who knows. I’d still quite like it to happen though!

Good to hear about the iPhone camera, due an upgrade in May and they say the 12pro max camera is excellent, it has different lenses and you can control shutter speed n all that malarkey. Cors I dont actually know how to manipulate any of these variables to take a good pic but I’d like to learn to take much better pictures and if I can do it without having to carry an extra camera thats even better!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

That sounds a like a great bunch to ride with. What an excellent evolution. Its hard to accommodate such a varied group of riders and keep everyone happy. The hardcore want the hardcore stuff and the not so hardcore dont want to hold others up or appear soft!

I went on a trip with a bunch of randoms (24 people in total) and I started off skill wise somewhere around the middle of the pack, all well and good I thought, a nice comfortable place to be, then they started dropping like flies (down to 12) and I was at the bottom along with a couple of others, its strange how it can effect you so fair play to anyone on that trip who kept going with off road gods like that making it look easy!

The group of randoms left standing that I went with are keen to do something else and I can see it might develop into something along the lines of what you’ve described but Covid shut it down before it got going so now who knows. I’d still quite like it to happen though!

Good to hear about the iPhone camera, due an upgrade in May and they say the 12pro max camera is excellent, it has different lenses and you can control shutter speed n all that malarkey. Cors I dont actually know how to manipulate any of these variables to take a good pic but I’d like to learn to take much better pictures and if I can do it without having to carry an extra camera thats even better!

The best thing i can say about the experts in our group is that they are patient and helpful.  The lesser-skilled are good about finding bail out routes so they dont hold up the main group.  Most rides are set up so that even slower riders dont hold up the faster ones for that long.

motorcycle peeps are awesome, most times.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, alfalfa said:

The best thing i can say about the experts in our group is that they are patient and helpful.  The lesser-skilled are good about finding bail out routes so they dont hold up the main group.  Most rides are set up so that even slower riders dont hold up the faster ones for that long.

motorcycle peeps are awesome, most times.

Good way of doing it. You want everyone to enjoy themselves- tricky balance in a group that big!

• Like 1