Jokes, your best your worse and all the rubbish on the internet between

Slowlycatchymonkey

6 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Unlikely Pedro, even if he skipped the crumb part which is what retains the juices in the burger the bacon will have been made with nitrites or sulphites or metabisulphites.

You joke, the beef and bacon are cut and ground in front of me, then pressed slightly. I season it with salt and sometimes pepper and that’s it!

Plus, don’t ruin bacon and chorizo!

edit: bacon is an extra for special burguers, normal ones are 100% beef and they work perfectly 

1 minute ago, Pedro said:

You joke, the beef and bacon are cut and ground in front of me, then pressed slightly. I season it with salt and sometimes pepper and that’s it!

Plus, don’t ruin bacon and chorizo!

Afraid not just don't look into how bacons made then, speaking of which I have two packets of sulphites for breakfast tomorrow 😂

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Not true though is it, here's the ingredients for 'Edwards' beef burgers

Beef (75%), Gluten Free Breadcrumbs (Rice Flour, Gram Flour, Maize Starch, Salt, Dextrose), Water, Caramelised Red Onion Chutney (5%) (Red Onion, Dark Muscavado Sugar, Red Wine Vinegar (Sodium Metabisulphite), Sunflower Oil, Cinnamon, Clove), Seasoning (Rice Flour, Salt, Dried Onion (Sulphite), Potassium Chloride, Dextrose, Preservetive (Sodium Sulphite), Yeast Extract, Acidity Regulator (Citric Acid), Dried Garlic, Natural Flavourings, Natural Colour (Carmine), Flavouring), Caramelised Red Onion (2%) (Red Onion, Dark Muscovado Sugar, Sunflower Oil), Rice Flour

But it's meat....not some plant based shite

1 minute ago, busabeast said:

But it's meat....not some plant based shite

It's meat with a load of shite mixed in.

Unless you're making the burgers yourself (or have a butcher like Pedro's) you're likely to be eating all sorts.

My son has anaphylactic level allergies, I've spent 20 years reading or asking for ingredient lists, it's very boring but also shocking what extra crap is in food.

They hardly ever contain only what you think they should.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

It's meat with a load of shite mixed in.

Unless you're making the burgers yourself (or have a butcher like Pedro's) you're likely to be eating all sorts.

My son has anaphylactic level allergies, I've spent 20 years reading or asking for ingredient lists, it's very boring but also shocking what extra crap is in food.

They hardly ever contain only what you think they should.

Can you not easily buy burguers from a butcher in the UK?

1 minute ago, Pedro said:

Can you not easily buy burgers from a butcher in the UK?

Oh dear I've been TRIGGERED 🤣 Soz the reply is long, a need to vent occurred. 

Nope. You can't easily find a butcher's shop full stop. They disappeared when supermarkets bulk buying power and convenience pulled the rug from beneath their feet. The population in the area I live in is over 60,000 so it's not small and yet no butchers. Of the two surviving butchers nearish to me one is half an hour driving plus queueing and the other (like many of them now) is an artisan affair offering meat cuts at triple the usual price. 

To be fair in some arena's the supermarkets in the UK have done an excellent job of wiping the floor with normal butcher's, the meat quality is stated on the packaging and is generally true, it's usual to have the choice of budget (low quality), average quality and premium plus all sorts of welfare and organic certifications on top of that.

If you went to simply buy a chicken there would be about 5 or 6 types in at least three sizes.

Fish on the other hand, you're screwed. No fishmongers survived and if you're not after basic common cuts of fish it has to be ordered online. The supermarkets have however mastered frozen and fresh prepared raw shellfish. The prepared shellfish I can buy in Spain is truly awful. Prawns have to be bought whole and raw (otherwise they've been boiled to death) which is hard work if you're used to buying good quality fresh raw peeled and deveined creatures.

On the upside the fruit and veg is exceptional!

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Oh dear I've been TRIGGERED 🤣 Soz the reply is long, a need to vent occurred. 

Nope. You can't easily find a butcher's shop full stop. They disappeared when supermarkets bulk buying power and convenience pulled the rug from beneath their feet. The population in the area I live in is over 60,000 so it's not small and yet no butchers. Of the two surviving butchers nearish to me one is half an hour driving plus queueing and the other (like many of them now) is an artisan affair offering meat cuts at triple the usual price. 

To be fair in some arena's the supermarkets in the UK have done an excellent job of wiping the floor with normal butcher's, the meat quality is stated on the packaging and is generally true, it's usual to have the choice of budget (low quality), average quality and premium plus all sorts of welfare and organic certifications on top of that.

If you went to simply buy a chicken there would be about 5 or 6 types in at least three sizes.

Fish on the other hand, you're screwed. No fishmongers survived and if you're not after basic common cuts of fish it has to be ordered online. The supermarkets have however mastered frozen and fresh prepared raw shellfish. The prepared shellfish I can buy in Spain is truly awful. Prawns have to be bought whole and raw (otherwise they've been boiled to death) which is hard work if you're used to buying good quality fresh raw peeled and deveined creatures.

On the upside the fruit and veg is exceptional!

Got 3 top quality and busy butchers near me, spoilt for choice.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Catteeclan said:

Got 3 top quality and busy butchers near me, spoilt for choice.

Was going to post, and a fish mongers but walk passed about an hour ago to see "closed until further notice" in the window.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

8 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Same here but can i get the wife to buy anything from them not a hope in hell 

We do buy from supermarkets but I'll get ham, sausages and steaks from the butchers.

• Like 3