Coastal Track

Skippy

There are several places where the tracks and trails run right along the waters edge so it would be rude not to go and explore. ?

Managed to get home just before it rained. Lucky me. ?

E7B5E787-9C44-48FD-9F4C-EE1554EFBA94.jpeg

B1199F94-E0D8-45E1-A3CA-AF8FFB39E096.jpeg

• Like 5

Yep, they’re the snowbirds that come down here from Northern Europe for the winter. Probably got stuck down here when the shit hit the COVID-19 fan ??

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Skippy said:

Yep, they’re the snowbirds that come down here from Northern Europe for the winter. Probably got stuck down here when the shit hit the COVID-19 fan ??

But most of the last 6 months there's been travel restrictions though?

19 minutes ago, XTreme said:

But most of the last 6 months there's been travel restrictions though?

I know mate which probably means they’ve been down here for the best part of a year! Fucking freeloaders ???

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Skippy said:

I know mate which probably means they’ve been down here for the best part of a year! Fucking freeloaders ???

There's a life though......pack everything in the van and off you go!

12 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Where did you go?

went over to the IOM  been going since 87 and always stopped b&b and that year thought i would have a change and stop in the van ,it just made the week a bit cheaper seeing as it is not a cheap island to visit on race weeks, they always say it is the most expensive water to cross, it always used to cost me a grand for the week all in with accommodation, food and ferry travel plus several gallons of beer :classic_biggrin: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, skyrider said:

went over to the IOM  been going since 87 and always stopped b&b and that year thought i would have a change and stop in the van ,it just made the week a bit cheaper seeing as it is not a cheap island to visit on race weeks, they always say it is the most expensive water to cross, it always used to cost me a grand for the week all in with accommodation, food and ferry travel plus several gallons of beer :classic_biggrin: 

Brilliant! Always wanted to go but life always got in the way!

And all these years later it's still the same!

caravans and motorhomes have been arriving to southern Spain and Portugal since covid started. In huge bursts of people, so borders aren't really being patrolled. Suddenly a lot of people can work from anywhere using a data signal, and breach all recommendations.

In some areas of Portugal that has exploded covid, and as such parking caravans like that has recently been forbidden, I think countries would do a lot better to just close borders and allow their people to be free instead of ordering people to stay in and then allowing international traffic.

• Like 1

used to go to a huge place in douglas called the palace lido went every night for the miss wet T shirt contest  and the 4 pint jug's of beer and the live bands (dumpy's rusty nuts on one night )

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Pedro said:

caravans and motorhomes have been arriving to southern Spain and Portugal since covid started. In huge bursts of people, so borders aren't really being patrolled. Suddenly a lot of people can work from anywhere using a data signal, and breach all recommendations.

In some areas of Portugal that has exploded covid, and as such parking caravans like that has recently been forbidden, I think countries would do a lot better to just close borders and allow their people to be free instead of ordering people to stay in and then allowing international traffic.

This week we heard that the Portuguese tourism minister was saying that they would welcome Brits back around May ?

11 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

This week we heard that the Portuguese tourism minister was saying that they would welcome Brits back around May ?

well, I won't :classic_laugh:

The tourism industry can't afford to continue stopped through the summer. It's Portugal's biggest industry. I really don't envy the pressure politicians are under through this, dealing with health and economy is impossible.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, boboneleg said:

And Pedro will then be surrounded by sights like this......

drunk fucked up GIF by Tomas Ferraro, Sports Editor

• Haha 1