Yamaha XTZ750 Super Tenere

Skippy

Just found these photos whilst doing some admin on the computer so I thought I’d post them here. Great bike and in mint condition when I bought it back in 2005. Originally an Italian import into the UK.

Another one I should’ve kept! ????

8085F73E-B886-4FEB-BA7C-0B2C02C5BF96.jpeg

A0030DE0-FFC9-463C-8379-4A6FF6B39027.jpeg

A177B76E-2779-4FCD-94F8-21F435C54985.jpeg

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, Skippy said:

Just found these photos whilst doing some admin on the computer so I thought I’d post them here. Great bike and in mint condition when I bought it back in 2005. Originally an Italian import into the UK.

Another one I should’ve kept! ????

8085F73E-B886-4FEB-BA7C-0B2C02C5BF96.jpeg

A0030DE0-FFC9-463C-8379-4A6FF6B39027.jpeg

A177B76E-2779-4FCD-94F8-21F435C54985.jpeg

That's a minter Ray.....they were a good bike but always overshadowed by the Affy Twin.

3 hours ago, XTreme said:

That's a minter Ray.....they were a good bike but always overshadowed by the Affy Twin.

Yes they were but I’ve had two AT’s and couldn’t see much difference 

14 minutes ago, Skippy said:

The AT had the name though Ray......and they still fetch big money now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Skippy said:

Did that parallel twin have a thump to it. the only parallel twins I've ridden was a 400 superdream and a GPZ500, i found the both engines lacking some character something that i was pissed off about when i heard the new Africa twin's engine was a parallel twin but the off set crank gave it what i thought all parallel twins needed.

46 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Did that parallel twin have a thump to it. the only parallel twins I've ridden was a 400 superdream and a GPZ500, i found the both engines lacking some character something that i was pissed off about when i heard the new Africa twin's engine was a parallel twin but the off set crank gave it what i thought all parallel twins needed.

It’s so long since I owned it I can remember to be honest but I think it had plenty of ooompf.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Skippy said:

It’s so long since I owned it I can remember to be honest but I think it had plenty of oomph.

I didn't mean lacking oomph the GPZ500 was a little missile, it's just with parallel twins i always felt there was something missing like two cylinders lol The offset crank ones now give them a vee twin feel which cured them for me

3 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I didn't mean lacking oomph the GPZ500 was a little missile, it's just with parallel twins i always felt there was something missing like two cylinders lol The offset crank ones now give them a vee twin feel which cured them for me

So you're not happy unless there's a throbbing between your legs Fred?

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

A bit like every jap bike made today then, its just Kawasaki had a 30 year head start :classic_laugh:

50 year head start.....the H1 had 60bhp first in 1969.

9 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I was talking about its crap fittings and finish get with the program :classic_laugh:

@Clive......send Mullet Head an incomprehensible warning PM.

Just invent some shit that never happened......seems to work well on other forums!

easy rider agree GIF

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Nice one Ray, those Super Tenere's are starting to fetch decent money now.

Cheers mate, there’s quite a few for sale over here in Spain and I’ve noticed their prices increase over the last couple of years.

• Like 1