Nature Quest - Share Your Best Nature Photographs

Grasshopper

Found this bugger in work today trapped in that crap. I saw it or one like it earlier in the week at midnight flying around the building thought it was a bat at first it's big wouldn't like to hit it on the bike LOL

Bloody thing creeps me out 

2052915828_IMG_2502(2).thumb.JPG.8b25ec877080c0fa6de4a85ea5d4361e.JPG

983558751_IMG_2501(2).thumb.JPG.3036c3b76aabb38f7dbb126996ebf4a5.JPG

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Found this bugger in work today trapped in that crap. I saw it or one like it earlier in the week at midnight flying around the building thought it was a bat at first it's big wouldn't like to hit it on the bike LOL

Bloody thing creeps me out 

2052915828_IMG_2502(2).thumb.JPG.8b25ec877080c0fa6de4a85ea5d4361e.JPG

983558751_IMG_2501(2).thumb.JPG.3036c3b76aabb38f7dbb126996ebf4a5.JPG

Holy shit, what is that?

31 minutes ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

Nice......

What are you shooting with? 

This one was shot with my Nikon 1 J5 and 70-300mm CX lens
But it isn't cameras that take pictures, it's photographers 😉

• Like 5

Little story on this one
My bike had a dodgy battery and this location is 9 miles from the nearest phone reception or houses, I had to ride over some humps and along a dirt trail to get to the elevated view point, it has sheer drops all round.
I decided to keep the bike running whilst I tried to walk it through a 3 point turn, damned thing weighed a ton so I had to pause half way and went to put the side stand down but instead kicked it into gear LOL, it jolted forward and I just managed to catch it before the front went over the edge, if it had there's was no way I'd had been able to lift the bike up again, that would have been a very long walk at 2am

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

4 minutes ago, Cupid Stunt said:

Little story on this one
My bike had a dodgy battery and this location is 9 miles from the nearest phone reception or houses, I had to ride over some humps and along a dirt trail to get to the elevated view point, it has sheer drops all round.
I decided to keep the bike running whilst I tried to walk it through a 3 point turn, damned thing weighed a ton so I had to pause half way and went to put the side stand down but instead kicked it into gear LOL, it jolted forward and I just managed to catch it before the front went over the edge, if it had there's was no way I'd had been able to lift the bike up again, that would have been a very long walk at 2am

Yeh.....they're very heavy bastards!

• Like 1

I took this one from with my Fuji X-T2 and 16-55mm lens, I was about 18 inches from the fox's face and it had no idea I was there, this is a rural fox not an urban one, very different behaviour, far more timid and can hear a ticking watch at 100ft or more

vixen_fox_DSCF9305.thumb.jpg.366f262c72b3cea78ad5a60bced4e645.jpg

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Cupid Stunt said:

This one was shot with my Nikon 1 J5 and 70-300mm CX lens
But it isn't cameras that take pictures, it's photographers 😉

Nice.

I do agree for the most part with the photographer over the gear thing.....  as a professional photographer for 25 years now I just enjoy the gear and like to know what people are using. 🙂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1