Nature Quest - Share Your Best Nature Photographs

Grasshopper

54 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I think I preferred its chinese dragon stage but its still an impressive looking thing. Yep I could geek out on an app like that for a looong time 😂

Two came up in the search, which icon looks like the right one?

E8FF3127-5803-437C-AB74-EFE5B89E2304.thumb.png.78ade1da27ff54085c3d773e8b97d3e1.png

5B1EE2A6-5137-4C01-9353-55F4CFF219DD.thumb.png.0152e540bd2a8813e7049732f4ec7fd7.png

The first one is the same one I use.  Cool to know they are global. 

It is SOOOO fun, I spend a lot of time seeking out new stuff to identify.

I also have one for clouds, but it isn't as fun as iNaturalist.  They also have the web site that you can look at your account on for more details.

HAVE FUN!!🌻

• Thanks 1

We get Elephant Hawk Moths in our garden.

I try to remove them when they are caterpillars as they love Fuchsia,s, and will strip the plant bare in a couple of days, hence we have very few Fuchsia,s left.👿

• Sad 1

39 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Caught this cheeky bugger in our front garden not the best photo taken through he living room window and i don't think the wife has cleaned it in years :classic_laugh:

IMG_7412a.thumb.jpg.e6d50aaa1e00ad30d2ae30e8658d5d7f.jpg

Jackdaw ?

Our back garden is like aviary.........Jackdaws, Crows, Pigeons, Jays and every member of the Tit family, but Sparrows, Starlings and Blackbirds we hardly see.

Oh and Squirrels!.....the bastids can destroy a bird feeder in a few day.👿

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Clive said:

Our back garden is like aviary.........Jackdaws, Crows, Pigeons, Jays and every member of the Tit family, but Sparrows, Starlings and Blackbirds we hardly see.

Oh and Squirrels!.....the bastids can destroy a bird feeder in a few day.👿

Only small birds i see are a couple of pairs of sparrows and i did see a robin once poor buggers don't have a look in with the jackdaws 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Only small birds i see are a couple of pairs of sparrows and i did see a robin once poor buggers don't have a look in with the jackdaws 

Magpie,s...forgot them noisy gits, fly round in groups of 5 or more,

We used to see a Robin earlier in the year, not now, think next doors cat got it.😕

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Clive said:

Magpie,s...forgot them noisy gits, fly round in groups of 5 or more,

We used to see a Robin earlier in the year, not now, think next doors cat got it.😕

The noise this lot make on my roof at the crack of dawn if unbelievable you'd think they were all wearing hob nailed boots. Haven't seen any magpies but there is a jackdaw floating about here with a few white feathers on him/her

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

The noise this lot make on my roof at the crack of dawn if unbelievable you'd think they were all wearing hob nailed boots. Haven't seen any magpies but there is a jackdaw floating about here with a few white feathers on him/her

We are quite well positioned on the very edge of town, a lot of wooded areas and open grasslands too.

Most morning when I was going to work (middle of the night😂) I would see several Muntjac dear, and occasionally one of the bigger deer.

And Fox,s!!!.....see them every day when I am out, morning, noon or night.

• Like 2

On my way to the beach, this morning, left the fucking car what seemed like 50 miles away from where I should if I had a parking place like Tim’s. Still, gave me the chance to marvel at a quiet morning on the Faro marshes 

D385EA5A-5462-419F-AD6B-B4CF3AA58900.thumb.jpeg.69aed29af65ebf5528abbb85ea307385.jpeg

• Like 6