Nature Quest - Share Your Best Nature Photographs

Grasshopper

11 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Blimey thats so yellow it doesnt look real!

That's what that bird said to me in 72 when she saw my foreskin! 

cheese ooze GIF

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

On 04/07/2021 at 22:36, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Meh Three15. Used to be fun till his skill shrivelled. 

Yeh must go get some decent smoke dude .

16 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I don't know what model sheep this is i spotted on my travels today but it looks like its escaped from hell to me horrible looking thing 

IMG_7439.thumb.JPG.8fdac81ab6ab321a10eb93bcb06f3204.JPG

Fuckmine Fred, it gets worse.

You don’t like Rugby, you can’t sing like Tom Jones (even though he lived just down the road from you)

and now you can’t tell us what sheep that is 😙

Welsh my fucking arse 🤨

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I don't know what model sheep this is

Model?

They're called breeds you fucking idiot......they're not rolled off a production line in a factory!

GIF by Equipe de France de Football

• Haha 3

Apparently if you can't see the tail you have to look at the front lip. if it's got a little crevice it's a sheep if it hasn't it is a goat. Who knew? So that is a sheep and therefore you are allowed to shag it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I thought it might have been a geep. Here's more of it, its a scabby looking thing 

IMG_7436.JPG

IMG_7442.JPG

You're really not doing me and @Specs any favours posting these Fred!

hd remake GIF

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I thought it might have been a geep. Here's more of it, its a scabby looking thing 

IMG_7436.JPG

IMG_7442.JPG

Are you saying it's not a looker?

For about 18 months I was riding down to Plymouth every weekend to see my girlfriend who was at the college there. The place did photography, film making, sound stuff etc. My nickname there was Grandad (because she was Gran, being older than the usual students, as was I). They were a nice bunch and I went with them a few times to see a band called The Retreat who were very good.

A New Zealand lad had done some filming with them, made a few music videos and I asked him for a copy. He handed me a VHS tape and I took it all the way home only to find out it was 3 hours of nothing but panning shots of sheep on what looked like Dartmoor.

Of course when I saw him the following weekend I told him that he'd given me his wanking tape by mistake. I did get the proper video.

Fuckmine, checked out youtube and they are still going, below is them now and the same song in the pub in the 90s underneath when there was 42 of them and they were young.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Specs said:

Looks like one of these.

https://www.hebrideansheep.org.uk/breed-description

Breed Description

Although an 'Ancient Breed', what follows is the breed description that was revised and adopted by the HSS Committee in August 2010.

Ah so a 2010 model see Pete i know what i'm on about :classic_laugh:

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

What is it? It looks like a caterpillar that failed to complete metamorphoses.

It is going to turn into a lovely Rusty Tussock Moth 🙂. Photo below....(not mine)

I use a Canadian App called iNaturalist.  It is an amazing app that helps you identify plants, birds, bugs, etc...  The info also goes into a data base that is helping Canadian scientists know what is where and when.  It is all really cool, if you are into that sort of thing. 🌞

36024117382-vapourer-orgyia-antiqua_0.jpeg

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

It is going to turn into a lovely Rusty Tussock Moth 🙂. Photo below....(not mine)

I use a Canadian App called iNaturalist.  It is an amazing app that helps you identify plants, birds, bugs, etc...  The info also goes into a data base that is helping Canadian scientists know what is where and when.  It is all really cool, if you are into that sort of thing. 🌞

36024117382-vapourer-orgyia-antiqua_0.jpeg

I think I preferred its chinese dragon stage but its still an impressive looking thing. Yep I could geek out on an app like that for a looong time 😂

Two came up in the search, which icon looks like the right one?

E8FF3127-5803-437C-AB74-EFE5B89E2304.thumb.png.78ade1da27ff54085c3d773e8b97d3e1.png

5B1EE2A6-5137-4C01-9353-55F4CFF219DD.thumb.png.0152e540bd2a8813e7049732f4ec7fd7.png

• Like 1