Nature Quest - Share Your Best Nature Photographs

Grasshopper

9 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Saw this on a tree when we were out walking yesterday.  Apparently it's called Chryothricacae, a form a lichen fungi. It was almost luminous.

IMG_2385.thumb.jpeg.95d0dfa8a2f160b0dff56162c02bba4d.jpeg

Looks like one of the many Slime Molds - Fuligo septica aka "Dog vomit mold"

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Saw this on a tree when we were out walking yesterday.  Apparently it's called Chryothricacae, a form a lichen fungi. It was almost luminous.

Did you poke it with a stick Bob lol

• Haha 1

On 19/07/2022 at 21:11, Sir Fallsalot said:

The view from site as I left for the Hotel last night Looking out over the Irish sea

IMG_E6231.thumb.JPG.706d0b27797c6bfee963c6fde7705d1f.JPG

Nice shot
I find Snapseed great for tweaking shots like this on my phone or even a camera

sirfallsalot_edited.jpeg

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Cupid Stunt said:

Nice shot
I find Snapseed great for tweaking shots like this on my phone or even a camera

sirfallsalot_edited.jpeg

That's great its more what it actually looked like when i took the photo, you lose so much in a photo i'll have to try that.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

That's great its more what it actually looked like when i took the photo, you lose so much in a photo i'll have to try that.

Yeah, that's the trouble with all cameras, they all tend to make automatic adjustments to increase/reduce brightness to make the overall exposure a medium grey and not what it looked like to the eye at all

FYI on your shot I used "Accentuate" then went into the tools section and tweaked the saturation a tiny bit and adjusted the shadows to bring the rocks out, I then used the "Details" tool and increased structure and sharpness, it's very fast and conveniant especially on a phone or tablet, just carefull not to go OTT

• Like 4

9 hours ago, boboneleg said:

I found something similar the other day….but apparently it is called Dog Vomit Slime Mold….I’m not kidding!

9BCC8C78-B062-4330-9AAB-71C7528AA33E.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

I found something similar the other day….but apparently it is called Dog Vomit Slime Mold….I’m not kidding!

9BCC8C78-B062-4330-9AAB-71C7528AA33E.jpeg

It is, as I replied to Bob's post "Looks like one of the many Slime Molds - Fuligo septica aka "Dog vomit mold" "

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Catteeclan said:

My misses is the same, and daughter come to that. I think they're cute.

I was awakened by one of these beasties in the early hours once after leaving the bedroom window open, i was running around the bedroom naked screaming like a schoolgirl trying to get away from it 

I have no problem getting up close to look at them when they are still but as soon as they start flapping around i'm gone :classic_laugh:

image.png.905fe98412aedd479358e49dbdd75cc4.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I was awakened by one of these beasties in the early hours once after leaving the bedroom window open, i was running around the bedroom naked screaming like a schoolgirl trying to get away from it 

I have no problem getting up close to look at them when they are still but as soon as they start flapping around i'm gone :classic_laugh:

image.png.905fe98412aedd479358e49dbdd75cc4.png

What the fuck is that? Is that an alien bat?

This hot dry weather hasn't been very kind to the garden at all but our Yukka plants have thrived in it.  For only the second time they have flowered.............

IMG_2485.thumb.JPEG.4a7e34a7c7cc084fd06d967cf234ca55.JPEG

IMG_2484.thumb.JPEG.f41fc50e2e0831787ff94b6602790412.JPEG

and Sunny has come out as well...............

IMG_2486.thumb.JPEG.def4962b6fd9bbb9af5818b02128d251.JPEG

• Like 4

On 07/08/2022 at 12:13, Cupid Stunt said:

I didn't manage to get to Skomer this year or any of the islands, must do them all next year

Nightmare getting a booking for a stay there. A bit random if you get through immediately when the lines open. 😄

• Like 1

Not a great photo put it up because the water industry are getting a lot of attention on the news at the moment about spilling into the rivers and sea. That's a storm overflow into the river USK at Llangynidr normally submerged
Can you spot the Heron
IMG_6803.thumb.JPG.f2015903049e42dee1370286df617bed.JPG

And this is the picturesque site attached to it 🙂

IMG_6795.thumb.JPG.8e8e5a9d3cf2ce3d639c134f1be5713b.JPG

• Like 5

On 18/08/2022 at 18:22, Specs said:

Nightmare getting a booking for a stay there. A bit random if you get through immediately when the lines open. 😄

They now have an online booking system for day-trippers. Takes away the ridiculous train smash, with first come first served, that used to exist.

• Like 1