Covid! What are you allowed to do?

XTreme

I think one reality that evades people living in countries that are desirable by foreign workers, is that they think those workers want to move there forever, in fact most people just plan on working hard and saving hard for a few years, and then make it back home with some cash in their pocket to allow them to start a business or whatever.

A study was made in the US about immigrants from Mexico and more southern countries, that you would get less of a population of illegals if you opened the borders and allowed people to come in and out as they needed and as the work market demanded them, this would allow them to return home for periods instead of fearing to be locked out. 

Very few Portuguese, Greeks, Italians, Spaniards, Moroccans, etc, really want to go to the UK, Germany, Netherlands, to make a life and stay there forever, most would miss their reality too much, their plan is usually to come back. The value those temporary workers provide to a country's economy is huge. Of course nobody wants to go back to an unsafe war zone but that's another issue.

• Like 5

My bezzie who I spent Monday with just text to say her daughters been coughing all night and has tested positive for Covid. Im so tired of reading the ever changing rules I don't know if I have to do anything. I don't think I do but anyone here still staying properly up to date with it all that can tell me? I could google it but I'm not in a fit state to type the word 'covid' into a search engine.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

My bezzie who I spent Monday with just text to say her daughters been coughing all night and has tested positive for Covid. Im so tired of reading the ever changing rules I don't know if I have to do anything. I don't think I do but anyone here still staying properly up to date with it all that can tell me? I could google it but I'm not in a fit state to type the word 'covid' into a search engine.

If you get pinged by the app you'll need to get a PCR test done, otherwise it's business as usual. You could try to get a lateral flow test, but it's only for your peace of mind. I don't know what the actual rules are, but that's what my sons had to do when their mum tested positive. Good luck.

17 minutes ago, Tango said:

If you get pinged by the app you'll need to get a PCR test done, otherwise it's business as usual. You could try to get a lateral flow test, but it's only for your peace of mind. I don't know what the actual rules are, but that's what my sons had to do when their mum tested positive. Good luck.

Thanks Tango. I have lateral flow tests here left over from my sons twice weekly testing for college. Ill do one later 👍

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Go to the chemist and get a test kit (they're free) if you want piece of mind ?

Edit:  I typed the same time as you

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, XTreme said:

When are you planning on returning here Caroline?

ooo psychic 😀just booked the mechanic moments ago so MOT for the Himalayan tomoz and he'll come here for a day on the 15th Oct, Ill be looking to book the ferry asap after that. Maybe leave a couple of days grace incase everything doesn't go smoothly on the 15th. 

Lovely moment yesterday when Mr Slowly said he was looking forward to riding to Salobrena so much and when can we leave 🥰

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

ooo psychic 😀just booked the mechanic moments ago so MOT for the Himalayan tomoz and he'll come here for a day on the 15th Oct, Ill be looking to book the ferry asap after that. Maybe leave a couple of days grace incase everything doesn't go smoothly on the 15th. 

Lovely moment yesterday when Mr Slowly said he was looking forward to riding to Salobrena so much and when can we leave 🥰

Do bikes need an MOT in Spain? No MOT for bikes here! 😲

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

UK bike has to be road legal on a reg check for here so Im just covering that base on the outside chance its not back shortly.

Yes, best to be safe. 😎👍

• Like 1

Within a week it is estimated Portugal will have 85% of it’s population fully vaccinated, the Admiral in charge has therefore quit the task force after changing from his camouflage to the navy’s whites. Dude is a class act!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

Within a week it is estimated Portugal will have 85% of it’s population fully vaccinated,

That's impressive , is that the adult population or does it include kids as well ?

7 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

That's impressive , is that the adult population or does it include kids as well ?

Today it's 8.64 million people fully vaccinated, total population living in Portugal is 10.35 million, so including every portuguese citizen living here, I don't know if it does include foreigners, but I do know most foreigners living here have been vaccinated according to their age group without problems.

95000 people are late to show up for their second vaccine and are holding back reaching the 85%, twats!

• Like 4

Portugal, not usually being a country known for it's effectiveness in anything except Ronaldo kicking in football goals, has pulled something amazing:

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations

It's a testament to our military who have always come through when called upon, but at the same time I'm waiting for the coin to drop :classic_laugh:

• Like 4

On 29/09/2021 at 14:34, Pedro said:

It's a testament to our military who have always come through when called upon, but at the same time I'm waiting for the coin to drop :classic_laugh:

Didn't take long :classic_laugh:

So the government announced that the man in charge of the whole vaccination thing, who is an Admiral, was to be promoted to chief of the armed forces, being the highest ranking military person in Portugal, and would replace the current one. Later the same day the President came out to say nothing was going to be done without his say so, and that there is no reason to demote the current chief after only being there for 3 months and having done nothing wrong (except criticize a couple of things the government did). What a shit show these politicians put out :classic_laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Pedro said:

I walked into a cafe today, into the bathroom and had a piss. I didn't wear a mask while doing this, felt great, the times we live in ...

What if somebody had pissed in your face though?

• Haha 3