Covid! What are you allowed to do?

XTreme

17 minutes ago, Tango said:

Are people still wearing masks there, Pete?

Yeh.....all the time Bob!

You can remove them in open spaces with nobody near you, but invariably people are wearing them.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Yeh.....all the time Bob!

You can remove them in open spaces with nobody near you, but invariably people are wearing them.

Same here, Pete. 

• Like 1

On 25/09/2021 at 08:44, Tango said:

Same here, Pete. 

Not the same here most people are not wearing them, that’s typical of the cunts on this island ignorant and self centred.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Swagman said:

Not the same here most people are not wearing them, that’s typical of the cunts on this island ignorant and self centred.

Absolutely! Thankfully, I gave up having to tolerate people like that years ago!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Pedro said:

From October 1st all covid measurements will cease inside Portugal, normal everything. Let’s see how it goes.

No word of anything like that here......hopefully it won't happen as that's asking for trouble!

• Like 2

Just now, XTreme said:

No word of anything like that here......hopefully it won't happen as that's asking for trouble!

Surfer's paradise here, in several coastal towns now that the September tides are bringing in the proper big waves, people arriving from all over by plane and car, what can go wrong?  :classic_laugh:

• Haha 4

42 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Well in our area case’s are going up yet again , it’s like a fucking yo-yo 🪀,in our section alone we went up 60% in a week.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Swagman said:

Well in our area case’s are going up yet again , it’s like a fucking yo-yo 🪀,in our section alone we went up 60% in a week.

We got zero in the town and I want to keep it like that!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, XTreme said:

We got zero in the town and I want to keep it like that!

Let’s hope you can keep it like that two weeks ago we went into double figures now we’re back to almost 400.

• Like 1

Gov.UK figures for Bristol in September 2021

Rate of COVID-19 cases in Bristol in past 7 days

21 September 2021: 185 per 100,000 people
17 September 2021: 131 per 100,000 people
14 September 2021: 152 per 100,000 people
10 September 2021: 261 per 100,000 people

Comparison with England and other local authorities for current week

England: 303 cases per 100,000 people

Neighbouring local authorities

Bath and North East Somerset: 221 cases per 100,000 people
North Somerset: 239 cases per 100,000 people
South Gloucestershire: 189 cases per 100,000 people
Somerset: 266 cases per 100,000 people

Local authorities in England with the highest rates of COVID-19 cases per 100,000 people

Barnsley: 582
North Lincolnshire: 545
Leicestershire: 515
Calderdale: 503
Northamptonshire: 491

• Like 5

6 hours ago, boboneleg said:

Local authorities in England with the highest rates of COVID-19 cases per 100,000 people

We've got 55.9 / 100000 in our department and 58.7 / 100000 nationally.20210928_091946.thumb.jpg.184e46bbe6d093d7cbe2adbafda44052.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tango said:

We've got 55.9 / 100000 in our department and 58.7 / 100000 nationally.20210928_091946.thumb.jpg.184e46bbe6d093d7cbe2adbafda44052.jpg

It's interesting that the rate has dropped dramatically since most of the holidaymakers here have fucked off! And there's not been any spike yet since the schools have gone back. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tango said:

It's interesting that the rate has dropped dramatically since most of the holidaymakers here have fucked off! And there's not been any spike yet since the schools have gone back. 

Same here!

This time last year it kicked off the second wave and got us locked down.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, boboneleg said:

See we are up there, county full of maskless knobs, I always wear a mask in enclosed space.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Same here!

This time last year it kicked off the second wave and got us locked down.

I guess that having 12+ year old kids vaccinated here is having an effect. I see younger kids walking down the road to school in the morning and they've all got masks on.

Interestingly, my eldest so told me that my ex has gone down with Covid (double vaccinated) in the last week or so, she works in a school. So, make of that what you will!

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Tango said:

I guess that having 12+ year old kids vaccinated here is having an effect. I see younger kids walking down the road to school in the morning and they've all got masks on.

Interestingly, my eldest so told me that my ex has gone down with Covid (double vaccinated) in the last week or so, she works in a school. So, make of that what you will!

Yeah my mates brother has just gone down with it as well, and yep he’s a teacher double vaccinated.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Swagman said:

Yeah my mates brother has just gone down with it as well, and yep he’s a teacher double vaccinated.

They've got the Johnson (Delta) variant now I expect.......cos the twat didn't stop Indians going in cos he was begging them for a trade deal.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, XTreme said:

They've got the Johnson (Delta) variant now I expect.......cos the twat didn't stop Indians going in cos he was begging them for a trade deal.

The Delta variant is the predominant one here too, but we're not seeing the same increases in new infections as the UK. Mainly a different vaccine and no "Freedom day" here? 😉

55 minutes ago, Tango said:

The Delta variant is the predominant one here too, but we're not seeing the same increases in new infections as the UK. Mainly a different vaccine and no "Freedom day" here? 😉

This place is just to busy, I can’t see why every fucker wants to visit here or emigrate, it’s a tiny island with 66 million known inhabitants that’s those that registered maybe lots more, it’s bound to be plague central, then you have the millions of visitors on top of that.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Swagman said:

This place is just to busy, I can’t see why every fucker wants to visit here or emigrate, it’s a tiny island with 66 million known inhabitants that’s those that registered maybe lots more, it’s bound to be plague central, then you have the millions of visitors on top of that.

Well, if I can provide an external view:

It is known that England is pretty congested, but at the same time it is also known that wages are a lot higher than in "poorer" countries, your cars are newer, you are perceived as a culture of consumerism and that entices people who come from places where they simply have no money after going through monthly basic living expenses to try and make it there. I remember minimum wage being less than 500€/month in Portugal, today it's 665€/month. If you work a full job to come home and pay groceries and bills and be skint in two weeks, suddenly a congested island seems pretty good as people are picturing being in traffic sitting inside a brand new BMW.

Reality for most of those immigrants might not be what they expect, but that's what they're going after. I know several people who went to the UK to work a few years ago, @Sofia being one of them with a skillset, while others go hoping for whatever comes their way. It is not easy adapting from south Europe to the UK or any other "northern" country but it does turn out great for lots of people compared to what they had back home.

This is my perspective, and I'm doing good in a European country. Factor in coming from an Eastern European ethnic cleansing ex-war ruin, or borderline civil war African country, and that congested plague central is bliss once you have a full stomach everyday while being able to send a little money home at the end of the month.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Pedro said:

It is known that England is pretty congested, but at the same time it is also known that wages are a lot higher than in "poorer" countries, your cars are newer, you are perceived as a culture of consumerism and that entices people who come from places where they simply have no money after going through monthly basic living expenses to try and make it there. I remember minimum wage being 500€/month in Portugal, today it's 665€/month. If you work a full job to come home and pay groceries and bills and be skint in two weeks, suddenly a congested island seems pretty good as people are picturing being in traffic sitting inside a brand new BMW.

Reality for most of those immigrants might not be what they expect, but that's what they're going after. I know several people who went to the UK to work a few years ago, @Sofia being one of them with a skillset, while others go hoping for whatever comes their way. It is not easy adapting from south Europe to the UK or any other "northern" country but it does turn out great for lots of people compared to what they had back home.

This is my perspective, and I'm doing good in a European country. Factor in coming from an Eastern European ethnic cleansing ex-war ruin, or borderline civil war African country, and that congested plague central is bliss once you have a full stomach everyday while being able to send a little money home at the end of the month.

Nicely put @Pedro.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Pedro said:

It is known that England is pretty congested, but at the same time it is also known that wages are a lot higher than in "poorer" countries, your cars are newer, you are perceived as a culture of consumerism and that entices people who come from places where they simply have no money after going through monthly basic living expenses to try and make it there. I remember minimum wage being less than 500€/month in Portugal, today it's 665€/month. If you work a full job to come home and pay groceries and bills and be skint in two weeks, suddenly a congested island seems pretty good as people are picturing being in traffic sitting inside a brand new BMW.

I think that you make an important observation here @Pedro. The majority of people are not trying to get into the UK to get welfare handouts, as is the story perpetuated by the media, they see the UK as a place of opportunities that do not exist in their home countries and they want to improve their standard of living. It's a bit like Hollywood of the 1920s and 30s. People moved there looking for the opportunities that they couldn't find where they came from. 

• Like 2