Covid! What are you allowed to do?

XTreme

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

And they're now calling the Indian variant the "Delta Variant".

Whatever happened to plain speaking and telling it like it is?

I’m calling them all the Brit UEFA strain, to make up for it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, XTreme said:

And they're now calling the Indian variant the "Delta Variant".

Whatever happened to plain speaking and telling it like it is?

it.s called poliics Pete and means that if it's "politics" then its ok to lie and cheat and juat make stuff up. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Proposal, after every age group is vaccinated and you have vaccines to spare, simply inoculate unsuspecting youths when they’re drunk in clubs, regardless of identity checks, give them a shot of vodka and a beer when they’re starting to complain and all’s well!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Hey I just realised, we'll be allowed to stay uo til 11pm from next week... currently lights out is 9pm.  Gosh its just like being back at school! :rofl:

• Haha 4

25 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Lights out? What do you mean?

Curfew, the english word, comes from the english mispronunciation of the french " Couvre Feu" literally "Lights out".  

As a child at boarding school, each year group had a different "lights out" time when they are required to be in bed by, later as you get older and only theoretical in the last 2 years. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, MooN said:

Curfew, the english word, comes from the english mispronunciation of the french " Couvre Feu" literally "Lights out".  

As a child at boarding school, each year group had a different "lights out" time when they are required to be in bed by, later as you get older and only theoretical in the last 2 years. 

I know what a curfew is, but doesn't lights out mean literally lights out at home?

5 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I know what a curfew is, but doesn't lights out mean literally lights out at home?

depends on context. But the word curfew, does, technically, literally mean "Lights out". 

• Like 1

When I was in the RN and training we had curfew, not that it did a lot of good.  I preferred the greeting by the officer in the morning to wake you...........

'Hands off cocks, hands on socks'     :classic_laugh:

• Haha 3

On 01/06/2021 at 21:10, MooN said:

Pretty sure the literal translation for Couvre Feu means to cover a fire or naked flame, interestingly I don’t recognise it as having any Latin etymology.

3 minutes ago, Buckster said:

Pretty sure the literal translation for Couvre Feu means to cover a fire or naked flame, interestingly I don’t recognise it as having any Latin etymology.

Im just here to check the spelling.

🤓

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Buckster said:

Toque de queda here.

2 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Toque de queda here.

Latin would be ignitegium which means curfew bell which was rung at some hour to let the villagers know to put out their fires.

• Like 1

Pissheads ain't going to be happy with this new directive:

Bars and restaurants won't be able to serve food and drink after midnight across Spain this summer!

:classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Pissheads ain't going to be happy with this new directive:

Bars and restaurants won't be able to serve food and drink after midnight across Spain this summer!

:classic_laugh:

It'll affect spaniards more, they're the ones that finish dinner at midnight and then go clubbing, brits start drinking way earlier than that and they're pissed by 10 ...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

It'll affect spaniards more, they're the ones that finish dinner at midnight and then go clubbing, brits start drinking way earlier than that and they're pissed by 10 ...

Portugal now on the amber list!

https://news.sky.com/story/holiday-hopes-hit-as-no-new-countries-added-to-uks-green-travel-list-and-portugal-moved-to-amber-12323752

4 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I Believe Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

Some dumbass on Twitter was just saying how furious he is cos he was off to Barcelona next week......and now Portugal has gone to amber! 

Excuse Me What GIF

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Some dumbass on Twitter was just saying how furious he is cos he was off to Barcelona next week......and now Portugal has gone to amber! 

Excuse Me What GIF

They're always claiming they're not part of Spain, I think Portugal will take them if they're up for it :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Buckster said:

yeah but, no but, yeah but... 

The French use "Feu" to mean light as well as fire. The rear light on a car for example is a " Feu arriere"  spot lights are " Feux longue portée" and so on and so forth so "feu" can be translated as fire, or light, as in the case of " couvre feu". 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, MooN said:

The French use "Feu" to mean light as well as fire. The rear light on a car for example is a " Feu arriere"  spot lights are " Feux longue portée" and so on and so forth so "feu" can be translated as fire, or light, as in the case of " couvre feu". 

Well that cleared that one up then.:classic_blink:

1 hour ago, MooN said:

It’s strange that the French word for smoke is derived from the Latin but the word for fire isn’t, well until you look at their history anyway, every fucker has kicked the shit out of them and invaded them which is why it’s such a mongrel language, I can see why a cunt like you fits in there so well.

• Haha 3