Covid! What are you allowed to do?

XTreme

Our previous Covid thread began in September.......and it started off by speculating would there be a second wave followed by a lockdown?

We now know that a second wave did come which was followed by another lockdown. Then we had a "go out and infect everybody" Xmas......followed by a third wave and another lockdown.

So at the moment I'm still in the same boat as I've been in most of the time since late October.....a Perimetral Lockdown where I can't leave the town.

The Andalucian government have now extended it till at least 4th March.....so I ain't going anywhere.

As I understand it, some restrictions are about to be lifted in the UK (no idea about anywhere else).......so what are you allowed to do now?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Our previous Covid thread began in September.......and it started off by speculating would there be a second wave followed by a lockdown?

We now know that a second wave did come which was followed by another lockdown. Then we had a "go out and infect everybody" Xmas......followed by a third wave and another lockdown.

So at the moment I'm still in the same boat as I've been in most of the time since late October.....a Perimetral Lockdown where I can't leave the town.

The Andalucian government have now extended it till at least 4th March.....so I ain't going anywhere.

As I understand it, some restrictions are about to be lifted in the UK (no idea about anywhere else).......so what are you allowed to do now?

Nothing starting to unlock till 8th March when the schools reopen, then the next shift maybe 29 Mark when we can meet up to 6 people out doors.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Swagman said:

Nothing starting to unlock till 8th March when the schools reopen, then the next shift maybe 29 Mark when we can meet up to 6 people out doors.

So still no bike unless you're getting bread then? :classic_unsure:

• Haha 1

Just now, XTreme said:

So still no bike unless you're getting bread then? :classic_unsure:

I don’t think you would be stopped unless there was more than one of you, and as long as you are in your area, but some coppers are just bastards and would do their own granny so wouldn’t count on it.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Swagman said:

I don’t think you would be stopped unless there was more than one of you, and as long as you are in your area, but some coppers are just bastards and would do their own granny so wouldn’t count on it.

Well at least we don't get called "sonny" anymore! :classic_laugh:

• Haha 2

At the moment we are still allowed to travel freely ( within the country) but hotels, restaurants, bars and all meeting venues are closed. Shoping malls of more than 20,000 sq metres are closed exept for food shops. There is a general curfew between 6pm and 6 am.  Some parts of southern France are looking at a weekend curfew I believe, but not where I am.  We are expecting a rework of the rules next week, once the Paris region is back from half term holiday ( God forbid that the parisiens should have to forgo their february skiing trip!) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Here in Oregon, we have an absolute Nazi bitch for a governor....who has made decisions based on only 3 counties out of the 36 that are in this state. So glad to see restaurants defying the governor's orders over here on the east side of the state, & opening up now, because if they don't....they might not ever. Nazi bitch has caused alot of people to loose their business' & way of life.? Travel is no problem, but any business that's open (especially in the Willamette valley) are required to adhere to the "mask" mandate. I love seeing these smaller food business' not requiring their customers to wear masks....nothin' but a mind control device! Now there's a movement to move Oregon's borders & Idaho is on the ballot to take over 3/4 of our state....which I'm all for. Traveled to Idaho twice last year, & it was like a different world....like it used to be.?

Dumb bitch governor will realize one day when she doesn't have enough public to support her lavish vacations & hypocrisy. She's just another puppet, like WA & CA's governors & our esteemed President?....who all are owned by Soros.? I am sooo glad I moved when I did!

Rules?  I havent really slowed down any riding, been at work continously.  Meals are sometimes a challenge, having used delivery services when things were extreme and no eating inside or outside of restaurants.  Work allows you to work from home, if you desire.   Our only rule is use some frigging common sense.   If you feel bad, dont come in until tested.  We've had people at work (<5) that were either exposed, or caught it.  None of them have passed it on to fellow employees.  

What i enjoy the most is watching how internal meetings became ZOOM affairs, yet those most worried about sitting in a meeting spend their lunch hour in the same conf room!

We do have those who havent seen since March 2020, but really havent missed em, if you catch my drift.  The work at home vs work at work seem to be split down political party lines.  strange ?

During our "lockdown" i've traveled to Idaho for Thanksgiving (3 people dinner, in a restaurant), flying both ways.  I've been on two long distance motorcycle rides around the western states, i've been to Baja to watch the 1000 race last November, and am about to go again for a 9 day ride.   I've done weekly rides with the club.  In all of the above, we've all followed commons sense rules and have yet to expose each other.

90 yr old mother went thru the Kung Flu last April, never hospitalized.  Her 83 yr old husband was hospitalized and was home in 3 days.  Friends who caught it over Thanksgiving either had very mild symptoms, or were bed ridden for a couple of days with a fever.   Now, having said that, i've known some that have died and offer my sympathies to everyone else have had similar experiences.  I do everything i can not to infect anyone, but still struggle with the reality of collapsing world economies over a strong flu version.  I'm glad we are seeing a 98% survival rate.

• Like 2

For the most part we can do as we please here.  As @boboneleg pointed out in my last ride report, we can even kiss in public around this crazy place.  ?

Not sure about the city, I don't get off the coast much.  

We do have to wear masks indoors, but that is about it.

Maybe if I had a life I would notice something else?  :wave:

• Like 5

number of cases is rising again here. They have put 20 Departements on the surveillance list. it's a fucking no brainer, the departments where it's significantly increased this week are ALL coastal areas and it just so happens that the Parisiens are on holiday.... no one is admitting that link cos that'd cause trouble. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MooN said:

number of cases is rising again here. They have put 20 Departements on the surveillance list. it's a fucking no brainer, the departments where it's significantly increased this week are ALL coastal areas and it just so happens that the Parisiens are on holiday.... no one is admitting that link cos that'd cause trouble. 

Although that's sad Chris it's also a bit heartening to hear as it confirms that not ALL the morons live in the UK :classic_unsure:

2 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Although that's sad Chris it's also a bit heartening to hear as it confirms that not ALL the morons live in the UK :classic_unsure:

Far from it Bob,  "La Betise Humaine" is alive and well and living in Paris. The rest of the country HATES them :classic_laugh:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MooN said:

Same here with the Madrid twats......but they're all locked in now.