Don Quixote's windmills

DangerRuss58

Last October I was in a similar position to what I'm in now in regards that I couldn't go out on the bike, for nearly 4 weeks road repairs had shut both the roads that led away from my garage. One Sunday I was so fed up I got up early and moved one the barriers out of the way and went for a near 500 mile ride out to a place here in Spain called Consuegra and back. Consuegra is famous  for being the home of the famous windmills from the Don Quixote story by Cervantes. It was long old run for a day out but worth it, the weather was brilliant and being a Sunday not too much on the road and the views when I got there were stunning. If any of you get out that way its worth a stop.

IMG_2113.JPG

P1000532.JPG

IMG_2587.JPG

pod-4_1.jpg

pod-4_3.jpg

pod-4_5.jpg

pod-4_17.jpg

pod-4_11.jpg

pod-4_24.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, BusBoy said:

Awesome. I cant get over the sense of expanse and openness you guys in Spain and Portugal have. Must be great to ride there

Absolutely Bruce!

The WOW factor has long gone for me though because I've been here so long......it just becomes the norm!

I live around half way between Valencia and Alicante and to be honest if you keep off the main roads you are hard pushed to any other road users, after my little off in March we didn't see another human in over 3 hours, the main roads are not that bad either , some great motorcycling roads around here.

3 minutes ago, DangerRuss58 said:

I live around half way between Valencia and Alicante and to be honest if you keep off the main roads you are hard pushed to any other road users, after my little off in March we didn't see another human in over 3 hours, the main roads are not that bad either , some great motorcycling roads around here.

You are probably aware the main brothel around there (in Javea I think) is called Don Quixote? 

No I didn't know that Pete but if you travel down the N332 towards Javea and Benidorm you find them sitting out at the side of the road on little white plastic chairs..not hat I take any notice of course!

16 minutes ago, DangerRuss58 said:

No I didn't know that Pete but if you travel down the N332 towards Javea and Benidorm you find them sitting out at the side of the road on little white plastic chairs..not hat I take any notice of course!

And they usually congregate in the lay-by near the Melon Man as I understand it Russ! Allegedly! :classic_unsure: