XTreme

Your Day Today!

2 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Why are they gone?

The north is not cow / bull country, there are amazing cow breeds here but they're more in hill / mountain areas and grown in small numbers, completely different to those rolling hills and fields and that kind of farming with big expanses of feed and space to roam. It's a different people and culture, there used to be a bullfight arena in most mid size towns but up north they've been gone for ages. To it's small size, Portugal is very diverse in landscape and people, cultures, food, etc.

• Like 1

Horses have very snappy legs, small bones and ligaments means they can easily break their leg which is what sees a lot of finer higher end horses put down. Nags go on forever. They dont even need to be in contact with anything other than the ground for it to happen.

Well I lied again... Said I wasn't going riding but did. 

We had a minor clitch with one of the harley.. Took about and hour to source some type F primary oil.. Fucking thing started puking 60 km out... 

IMG_20220806_141326.jpg

IMG_20220806_144511.jpg

IMG_20220806_170056.jpg

• Like 5

18 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Blimey Spains banning zoos and dolphinariums. Pet shops won’t be allowed to sell dogs cats or ferrets. No wild animals in circuses or used in ways they can be damaged (like cockfights) and no killing wildlife (or any vertebrate) unless it’s invasive. Pet owners will have to have official identification for their pets. 2 years in prison for causing an animals death up to 3 years if theres aggravating circumstances.

Rather progressive for bull fighting country.

should ban the bull fighting to

• Like 1

Got through another night!

We seem to be improving slightly ever day......but my improvements seem to be bigger steps forward than the wife's.

Which is odd because she had symptoms way before I did and has probably had it longer.

Does this variable recovery time happen normally @Slowlycatchymonkey?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Got through another night!

We seem to be improving slightly ever day......but my improvements seem to be bigger steps forward than the wife's.

Which is odd because she had symptoms way before I did and has probably had it longer.

Does this variable recovery time happen normally @Slowlycatchymonkey?

Morning. 

Yep. My son kept the cough for a week or so but mostly recovered in three days. 
Mr Slowly who is classed as vulnerable due to previous blood clots blocking his lower lung was recovered in just over a week and me who doesnt get ill took 3 weeks.

The guy who was supposed to start beginning of July is still unwell and right up shit creek but we’ll skip that cos it’s not nice to think about when you’re ill yourself. 

So yer recover speeds are all over the shop and it’s not a nice normal linear recovery either. 

Hows the taste buds?

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Jolly good. 

We both tested positive last Wednesday, but the wife obviously had it before that (probably me as well)........at what point would we be likely to show negative?

15 hours ago, Pedro said:

North cows:

IMG_2803.thumb.JPG.529408e38649cceeeb980c6d507fb715.JPG

IMG_2807.thumb.JPG.5744817b0552b83b7a38080ef1d271e2.JPG

Southern style, the black is "wild" cattle, they're not for petting :classic_laugh:

IMG_2834.thumb.jpeg.ee185038fec157ff1fdcbec55b526506.jpeg

Those aren’t cows, this is what a cow looks like.

04F4FCF4-1047-4EB2-9E02-001A8B87406A.jpeg.067c450d3260090f3fd9faee6bbc147c.jpeg

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, XTreme said:

We both tested positive last Wednesday, but the wife obviously had it before that (probably me as well)........at what point would we be likely to show negative?

Christmas.

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Marcel said:

Well I lied again... Said I wasn't going riding but did. 

We had a minor clitch with one of the harley.. Took about and hour to source some type F primary oil.. Fucking thing started puking 60 km out... 

IMG_20220806_141326.jpg

IMG_20220806_144511.jpg

IMG_20220806_170056.jpg

Type F? It doesn’t need it, in fact it is too specific, all the primary needs is a basic 10w40 or any engine oil that does not have a friction modifier. These guys aren’t proper Harley riders, your mates are fucking hipsters.

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Buckster said:

These guys aren’t proper Harley riders, your mates are fucking hipsters.

How would you define a proper Harley rider?

• Haha 2

Piece of string question Im afraid. Mine and Mr Slowlys changed to negative at 14 days and 12 days  

But just because you’re showing a positive test doesn’t mean you’re infectious. 

10 days is the standard here although after just 5 days (and a child under 18 just 3 days) so long as you avoid vulnerable people you can go out. 

Honestly Pete 5 days is not long enough. I suspect that’s skewed by wanting to keep the workforce going cos while many people aren’t infectious after 5 days many are and there’s no way of knowing if the person you’re talking to is related to a vulnerable person. 

I’d ignore the tests and wait 10 days. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, XTreme said:

For a start, someone who knows what oil goes where and why.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

46 minutes ago, Buckster said:

Type F? It doesn’t need it, in fact it is too heavy, all the primary needs is a basic 10w40 or any engine oil that does not have a friction modifier. These guys aren’t proper Harley riders, your mates are fucking hipsters.

I guess it has a special racing clutch... I have no fucken idea... It's not really a harley... The only thing that's a harley is the frame...its a frame off built... Merch engine... And he's running automatic Trans fluid in the primary.. 

And 10w40 is way heavyer weight oil than any automatic tranz fluid... 

5 minutes ago, Marcel said:

I guess it has a special racing clutch... I have no fucken idea... It's not really a harley... The only thing that's a harley is the frame...its a frame off built... Merch engine... And he's running automatic Trans fluid in the primary.. 

And 10w40 is way heavyer weight oil than any automatic tranz fluid... 

I meant to say too specific, yeah it's like water compared to 10w40. If he has a racing clutch then maybe as it improves hook up but the problem is it will piss out of the inner primary shaft seal as it is designed for thicker oil.

I meant to say too specific, yeah it's like water compared to 10w40. If he has a racing clutch then maybe as it improves hook up but the problem is it will piss out of the inner primary shaft seal as it is designed for thicker oil.

Suposibly it give a harsher hook up with less slippage.... He had the primary cover off a few days ago to install a new starter and starter drive... It looked like he messed up the gasket... But definitely true if you have have any type of leak that fluid will poor out.... 

56 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Your probely asking why I hang out sometimes with these harley riders... Being that I ride and adventure bike.... Simple answer... Most are old friends from way back to high school... Like they say... You don't get to pick your friends.. And most are idiots... They haven't figured out that a super adventure is a superior bike to any harley... 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Marcel said:

Suposibly it give a harsher hook up with less slippage.... He had the primary cover off a few days ago to install a new starter and starter drive... It looked like he messed up the gasket... But definitely true if you have have any type of leak that fluid will poor out.... 

The other problem is that atf causes premature failure of the compensator as well.

The other problem is that atf causes premature failure of the compensator as well.

Ok, I was up to speed until you said compensator.  What is that Ian ?

• Like 1