XTreme

Your Day Today!

Hungover. Need crap tv and soup. Anyone passing please bring soup.

And tea 

And chocolate

And bloody mary (no tabasco)

And biscuits.

Fuck it  PM me I'll send a list.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Hungover. Need crap tv and soup. Anyone passing please bring soup.

And tea 

And chocolate

And bloody mary (no tabasco)

And biscuits.

Fuck it  PM me I'll send a list.

You seem to be hungover a lot, crap drinker or don't know when to stop

down-drunk.gif.f4b613ef27535a7241b4ea65268b124b.gif

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

You seem to be hungover a lot, crap drinker or don't know when to stop

down-drunk.gif.f4b613ef27535a7241b4ea65268b124b.gif

I have been hungover rather a lot lately. Crap drinker, get pie eyed far too easily, don't have the capacity. 

• Haha 3

Blimey Spains banning zoos and dolphinariums. Pet shops won’t be allowed to sell dogs cats or ferrets. No wild animals in circuses or used in ways they can be damaged (like cockfights) and no killing wildlife (or any vertebrate) unless it’s invasive. Pet owners will have to have official identification for their pets. 2 years in prison for causing an animals death up to 3 years if theres aggravating circumstances.

Rather progressive for bull fighting country.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Blimey Spains banning zoos and dolphinariums. Pet shops won’t be allowed to sell dogs cats or ferrets. No wild animals in circuses or used in ways they can be damaged (like cockfights) and no killing wildlife (or any vertebrate) unless it’s invasive. Pet owners will have to have official identification for their pets. 2 years in prison for causing an animals death up to 3 years if theres aggravating circumstances.

Rather progressive for bull fighting country.

No sign of a complete Bullfight ban yet?

• Like 1

Just now, XTreme said:

No sign of a complete Bullfight ban yet?

They’ve not mentioned it but said it can be amended to include bull fighting. Suspect they’ll see how the land lies on that one.

• Like 2

I don’t see how bullfighting is compatible with the new law though, if you can’t cause a vertebrates death and bull fighting does just that. Its must be becoming illegal too?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I don’t see how bullfighting is compatible with the new law though, if you can’t cause a vertebrates death and bull fighting does just that. Its must be becoming illegal too?

They're not wildlife, that's the way around it. It's a difficult thing to abolish in lots of areas, and it does bring in a lot of money to some people, which at the end of the day is what makes it harder to abolish.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

What about tigers for making bread with?

asking for a friend in Portugal.

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, Pedro said:

They're not wildlife, that's the way around it. It's a difficult thing to abolish in lots of areas, and it does bring in a lot of money to some people, which at the end of the day is what makes it harder to abolish.

I read its mostly tourists that go to bullfights and once they’ve witnessed one they never go again. 

Its always the filthy lucre that messes things. Wouldnt be something I’d want to watch. 

Different mind set I suppose. Over here you don’t play with your food, if you want to kill something the onus is on you to do it cleanly and fast. Theres always outrage if an abattoir is found to be lacking. Not that shit kills don’t happen, they do but its just not wanted by anyone. But then Brits tend to like animals more than they like each other 😆

My Filipino friend was telling me about a delicacy of theirs called battered chicken and it doesn’t involve a crunchy coating 😞 awful.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

My Filipino friend was telling me about a delicacy of theirs called battered chicken and it doesn’t involve a crunchy coating 😞 awful.

Keeps it tender.

Just now, Buckster said:

Keeps it tender.

Slowly bruise it to death by repeatedly hitting it with a stick. She said it tastes great but the guilt leaves a distinctly nasty taste.

• Like 2

Despite Covid I've been working today. Took me a lot longer to do things though, as my mind isn't exactly clear.

However, food hasn't tasted quite so disgusting today so my taste seems to be coming back slowly.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Despite Covid I've been working today. Took me a lot longer to do things though, as my mind isn't exactly clear.

However, food hasn't tasted quite so disgusting today so my taste seems to be coming back slowly.

So not on the cuttlefish eggs today then?

• Haha 2

So today's walk down to the river was a bit of an eye opener.  We first saw a cute little bum (female) and then a pair of tits (also female)  .  Do young ladies have no sense of shame nowadays ?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I read its mostly tourists that go to bullfights and once they’ve witnessed one they never go again. 

That's simply not true.

There's a lot of people (portuguese and spaniards) who travel to see bullfights. It's their thing, like some would travel to see any other event like football or a race, I'm not saying it's the same but to them it's the same kind of outing, night away, dinner, watch the show, etc.

I don't know about Spain, but in some areas in the Ribatejo and high Alentejo in Portugal the town's anual party usually has a few bull runs, similar to what is worldwide known in Pamplona. There's also bullfights, but not like the matador ones in Spain that always gets the English very upset, here it's traditional to do it on horseback and also to do the "Pegas", which is to literally catch a bull by the horns. A particularly popular event is to have a few people sitting on chairs on a circle in the middle of an arena and let a bull loose, last one sitting wins. If there are no bull runs involved, or any of that, those events simply have no attendance, that proves it's indeed the locals that live it.

All those activities, and the traveling, is extremely stressful to bulls, with higher or lesser degrees of suffering by the animal. I don't care for it at all, all I'm saying is that here they are mostly non tourists involved in all those activities, most foreigners don't even know about this and just picture the spanish matador as the sole form of bull culture. I don't care for any of that or most popular parties (animal cruelty or not) to be honest, 

The money made from bullfights as a show selling tickets themselves is nothing compared to the money made by the property owners who keep and breed the bulls in amazing properties. These properties are stunning to look at and are kept like that for "heritage" and maintaining a way of life, similar to most countries those really old families that own millions of acres and have historic ties to the establishment are who really earn the most from that industry, but those lovely fields would look a lot different too if not for that industry.

1 hour ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Different mind set I suppose. Over here you don’t play with your food, if you want to kill something the onus is on you to do it cleanly and fast. Theres always outrage if an abattoir is found to be lacking. Not that shit kills don’t happen, they do but its just not wanted by anyone. But then Brits tend to like animals more than they like each other 😆

There are unscrupulous and filthy abattoirs in the UK as well, it's an ugly industry and the UK isn't an exception. I hope you won´t be outraged by the comment but if one buys any cut of beef wrapped in plastic and sterile looking from a supermarket  one shouldn't judge an activity that at least keeps some of the same species animals living free at least some of the time in other places, involved in a world they don't understand. Same with the popular bbq chicken or any supermarket chicken parts or non 0 grade eggs, it's all suffering and exploitation starting from when they're born and a mistake to think that most abattoirs and the way we terminate 90% of animals is anything but cruelty free.

• Like 1

I like when bullfights go haywire cause the bull starts jumping into the crowd and gores the weakest amungst them who cant flee in time. :littleguy:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Tym said:

I like when bullfights go haywire cause the bull starts jumping into the crowd and gores the weakest amungst them who cant flee in time. :littleguy:

Nothing like a nice hole to the abdomen to bring back a little respect!

Im going to train a bull special for the ring, gunna name him the Sodomizer. 

😆

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Pedro said:

That's simply not true.

There's a lot of people (portuguese and spaniards) who travel to see bullfights. It's their thing, like some would travel to see any other event like football or a race, I'm not saying it's the same but to them it's the same kind of outing, night away, dinner, watch the show, etc.

I don't know about Spain, but in some areas in the Ribatejo and high Alentejo in Portugal the town's anual party usually has a few bull runs, similar to what is worldwide known in Pamplona. There's also bullfights, but not like the matador ones in Spain that always gets the English very upset, here it's traditional to do it on horseback and also to do the "Pegas", which is to literally catch a bull by the horns. A particularly popular event is to have a few people sitting on chairs on a circle in the middle of an arena and let a bull loose, last one sitting wins. If there are no bull runs involved, or any of that, those events simply have no attendance, that proves it's indeed the locals that live it.

All those activities, and the traveling, is extremely stressful to bulls, with higher or lesser degrees of suffering by the animal. I don't care for it at all, all I'm saying is that here they are mostly non tourists involved in all those activities, most foreigners don't even know about this and just picture the spanish matador as the sole form of bull culture. I don't care for any of that or most popular parties (animal cruelty or not) to be honest, 

The money made from bullfights as a show selling tickets themselves is nothing compared to the money made by the property owners who keep and breed the bulls in amazing properties. These properties are stunning to look at and are kept like that for "heritage" and maintaining a way of life, similar to most countries those really old families that own millions of acres and have historic ties to the establishment are who really earn the most from that industry, but those lovely fields would look a lot different too if not for that industry.

There are unscrupulous and filthy abattoirs in the UK as well, it's an ugly industry and the UK isn't an exception. I hope you won´t be outraged by the comment but if one buys any cut of beef wrapped in plastic and sterile looking from a supermarket  one shouldn't judge an activity that at least keeps some of the same species animals living free at least some of the time in other places, involved in a world they don't understand. Same with the popular bbq chicken or any supermarket chicken parts or non 0 grade eggs, it's all suffering and exploitation starting from when they're born and a mistake to think that most abattoirs and the way we terminate 90% of animals is anything but cruelty free.

All serious stuff Pedro. Of course there are shit abattoirs here, I was more pointing out its something as a nation we really don’t like, any animal cruelty sends people here into a spin, it generally makes front page news, thats why theres a massive disconnect between the packaging on a supermarket shelf and the animals people see in fields, they want to eat meat, they dont want the reality of how it gets there.

I’m very familiar with the food chain. I understand it too well. I was a farmhand for a couple of years, worked on a dairy farm where we kept hundreds and hundreds of cattle, a few pigs, sheep and turkeys. I still live on a farm. If you couldn’t do the do and slaughter an animal you’d have to leave. I’ve seen the whole thing up close, I’ve killed a cow myself with a bolt gun, which is a horribly slow way for a large animal to die. You are correct its not at all cruelty free, it can’t be it involves death and they know. 

But I do care and I do judge how the meat I buy is treated, especially if it comes form a supermarket cos they’re the dodgiest suppliers who only care about profit. The least we can do if we’re going to kill something to eat it is makes sure it had a decent life up to that point. Thats why I never eat duck or duck eggs they spend their lives til slaughter searching for water and they get a 2cm foot bath at best.

Pigs are the worse for slaughtering (I just wish they werent made out of bacon😂) because they’re intelligent, they seem to fully comprehend whats going on and sheep are the easiest cos they are thick as shit. The turkeys I never had to do. 

Watching a stressed cow jump a 6 bar gate cos its desperate to find its calf (thats long gone to market) so we can keep milking it until its barren and goes for glue is a horrible sight. Thats the dairy industry for you. Its all an ugly business but people like cheese and meat and they also like being clueless about the true cost. 

Glad the tourist bullring thing isnt true. I also read its common for the horses they use to have to be put down because of the damage they accumulate. Is that true?

8 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Glad the tourist bullring thing isnt true. I also read its common for the horses they use to have to be put down because of the damage they accumulate. Is that true?

I'm not really informed about all of that, I'm a northerner and here bullfights are more or less long gone, but I'm sure sometimes the horses get a puncture to the belly that they can't get over . However, considering the cost of one of those horses, and the training that's involved before they're good and a team with the rider, I am very much suspicious that they would be treated as expendable by even the most cold hearted rider (who is usually who owns them)

If the quality of life of an animal before killing is important, the areas where these bulls come from are great for them and for the cows that grow and feed there for meat.

2 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I'm not really informed about all of that, I'm a northerner and here bullfights are more or less long gone, but I'm sure sometimes the horses get a puncture to the belly that they can't get over . However, considering the cost of one of those horses, and the training that's involved before they're good and a team with the rider, I am very much suspicious that they would be treated as expendable by even the most cold hearted rider (who is usually who owns them)

If the quality of life of an animal before killing is important, the areas where these bulls come from are great for them and for the cows that grow and feed there for meat.

Why are they gone?