XTreme

Your Day Today!

35 minutes ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

Well I was going to share a pic of the new undies being modelled but then I thought, no one wants to see an old lady in her undies, so I got rid of it.....😆

do it GIF

• Haha 5

Just now, XTreme said:

Just what we needed......a new Covid variant that's the worst one seen so far!

Source!

Well, if it's mutating it's not going to turn into sunshine and rainbows, is it? 

Portugal has just announced going back to masks in all indoor locations and vaccination certificates to access restaurants and stuff, plus tests to enter the country.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

Well I was going to share a pic of the new undies being modelled but then I thought, no one wants to see an old lady in her undies, so I got rid of it.....😆

93CE629A-5EEA-436A-AD50-8133CA11B46E.gif

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Tango said:

What's the 4G signal like there, Caroline? If it's OK you could maybe get a SIM only deal and a 4G Router? That's what we did at our last place. I think that the router was around €30 and the SIM is €15 a month for 160gb of data. So there may be similar deals there. 

Thanks. Its very good, Ive been using a 4G router (annoyingly a lot of the area has 5G but its just skips this little bit) even so its very good but taking the SIM card in and out of my ipad is a bit annoying so I was thinking a dedicated sim would make life easier. Or broadband but if 183 days is the max I can stay in Spain then it sounds a bit pricey. Ill have a look at prices 👍

• Like 2

5 hours ago, XTreme said:

Do you want me to ask my client who lives there?

Thanks Pete. I think Ill go with a sim and 4G router for now and have a look at the broadband prices. All the buildings here seem to have big ‘Wiber’ and ‘Movistar’ boxes in the underground parking. When searching for a connection theres always about 4 wiber options so I guess thats what the neighbours are happy with!

• Like 1

@XTreme ps your “guiri” tip came in handy yet again! Yesterday evening my friend decided she’d like some takeaway and it being a very short walking distance from the basura we landed there at the same time as two teenagers who started chatting to my friend in Spanish, she shrugged in my direction and I said “no hablo español” they nodded and continued talking anyway. They waited for a response so I pointed at both of us and said “guiri” This seem to cause a lot of laughter. Thanks for that word iIt’s been very useful!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

7 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

@XTreme ps your “guiri” tip came in handy yet again! Yesterday evening my friend decided she’d like some takeaway and it being a very short walking distance from the basura we landed there at the same time as two teenagers who started chatting to my friend in Spanish, she shrugged in my direction and I said “no hablo español” they nodded and continued talking anyway. They waited for a response so I pointed at both of us and said “guiri” This seem to cause a lot of laughter. Thanks for that word iIt’s been very useful!

It takes them by surprise........bit like a black person calling himself the "n" word to whites.

Though Guiri doesn't have the racial connotations like the "n" word.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Though Guiri doesn't have the racial connotations like the "n" word.

I used to love it when i got called a hoale, knuckles came next...lol

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Parp! 

Funny part was first time i thought the little fuckers said How Lee, i told them i wasnt fucking chinese my name isnt How Lee so i punched the biggest one of their clan in the face. Ten years old was a awesome age to be alive for me, it really it was. Islund life mun. 😃

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Tym said:

I used to love it when i got called a hoale, knuckles came next...lol

I had to look that up. Sounds the same as ‘Guiri’ its not always a derogatory word, depends on the intent of the user. Although mainly it is. Like we use “grockles” for the annoying tourists on the sea front.

They cant help it, its really not their fault, they meander along taking in the view in an aimless fashion that causes them to wobble unpredictably into the path of the people who live here who are just trying to walk from A to B. These clueless souls arent tuned in (that is part of the point of a holiday though- to tune out) so they frequently step out into the road without looking and drive really really slowly either lost or looking at something thats caught their eye. They dont know how anything works so they cause queues. Where there are large groups of holidaymakers theres alway locals frustrated by being held up by the hapless. I imagine in non English speaking places, English speakers wandering in and making no attempt at the language while expecting them to somehow intuitively know what they want is the final straw!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I Like we use “grockles” for the annoying tourists on the sea front.

Oh my we are more refined here when refering to those type guests, we just call them summer trash....lol

Being called a hoale was back before live tv and food stamps, the local Chammoro were still pissed we blew up all the coconut palm trees cause japanese were undneath them...lol...

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Bike hadn't moved for two weeks cos of the weather!

That's not good....particularly in cold, wet conditions.

So I took it out for 20 minutes to give it an airing!

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Bike hadn't moved for two weeks cos of the weather!

That's not good....particularly in cold, wet conditions.

So I took it out for 20 minutes to give it an airing!

Did you edit and leave the interesting bits in? or out? 

• Haha 8

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

Did you edit and leave the interesting bits in? or out? 

There were no interesting bits!

Just me freezing my nuts off to make sure any dampness or condensation was eliminated!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, XTreme said:

Just me freezing my nuts off to make sure any dampness or condensation was eliminated!

You pissed your pants ?

pee-poo.gif.0ce45c5db989edda92cc1e1e01c53218.gif

• Haha 1