XTreme

Your Day Today!

21 hours ago, Earache said:

Planning the last trip of the summer today - a short jaunt to the east. Should take place late August early September - so i can get back home before the snow flies.

Anyone wanna come along? Anyone? Anyone?

September Trip 2021.jpg

Yes.

But the residents of Little Rock are still laughing at me calling their state Arr-Kansas. Probably. Stupid people who can’t spell their state properly.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, XTreme said:

What does everybody else think?

I think two people ditching their votes for the chunk of shit farm machinery is funny. It should happen every month.

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Earache said:

Not really, they grade them from time to time and they tend to be pretty smooth. Can easily do 75 mph on them.

I would happily spend a few hours doing that.

• Like 1

My day didn’t end as planned, plan was to cook dinner for my brother, a friend, and my mum, and eat a great squid pasta with plenty of wine, laugh and be merry.

Instead, my dad, who had arrived at his holiday home last night, was doing some cleaning using a chair or a ladder or whatever and decided to fall off it, had a severe enough tumble onto hard concrete that he went to the local ER and got everyone quite worried. Being an elderly bloke, like most of you, he is a bit fragile, and this hospital having a poor reputation doesn’t help matters, so instead of being merry at home I drove my mum (usually mad at him, now teary eyed and worried sick) 300 miles here, at a steady 90mph to fly under the radar while still making progress, full mileage at 90 or more except for a toll booth and a detour half way and a stop for fuel, not bad for a european country.

Old man is now home, whiny as fuck from a few (quite a lot) bruises, dealing with quite a lot of pain, but overall ok. He checked himself out because he couldn’t deal with that stretcher anymore, lol

Good thing I kept myself a bottle of white wine in the fridge last time I was here, which I’m currently enjoying outside.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Pedro said:

My day didn’t end as planned, plan was to cook dinner for my brother, a friend, and my mum, and eat a great squid pasta with plenty of wine, laugh and be merry.

Instead, my dad, who had arrived at his holiday home last night, was doing some cleaning using a chair or a ladder or whatever and decided to fall off it, had a severe enough tumble onto hard concrete that he went to the local ER and got everyone quite worried. Being an elderly bloke, like most of you, he is a bit fragile, and this hospital having a poor reputation doesn’t help matters, so instead of being merry at home I drove my mum (usually mad at him, now teary eyed and worried sick) 300 miles here, at a steady 90mph to fly under the radar while still making progress, full mileage at 90 or more except for a toll booth and a detour half way and a stop for fuel, not bad for a european country.

Old man is now home, whiny as fuck from a few (quite a lot) bruises, dealing with quite a lot of pain, but overall ok. He checked himself out because he couldn’t deal with that stretcher anymore, lol

Good thing I kept myself a bottle of white wine in the fridge last time I was here, which I’m currently enjoying outside.

Glad he didn’t break anything.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Pedro said:

Im glad he's ok, my 89 yo mum wants to hit him with her stick however for going up the ladder in the first place. 😆

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Tym said:

Im glad he's ok, my 89 yo mum wants to hit him with her stick however for going up the ladder in the first place. 😆

I should have put security cameras here, would have made a hell of a youtube clip.

He’s doing great, yesterday he thought he was going to die, my mom spent 4 hours in the car half crying, and now they’re bickering at each other already and complaining I bought orange juice for breakfast when he felt like milk :classic_laugh:, after me spending an hour and a half in an overcrowded supermarket full of tourists.

You can tell your mom I’m now contemplating finishing the job, she is free to let the cane rip.

• Haha 7

22 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

@XTreme is it possible to upload vids from an iPhone? I guess it is but it just says 

F7E01C4A-65BC-46C3-B6AA-8710016EDFBC.thumb.jpeg.b5197b1d837ea983d8c6b01f0e2d06a6.jpeg

I can’t find any simple way to convert them. 

You have to upload vids to YouTube or Vimeo and stream from there Caroline!

14 hours ago, XTreme said:

What does everybody else think?

We could have a vote on it.

But hang on, could people change their minds on that vote?

We should first have a vote on whether people can change their minds on the Can people change their minds on votes vote and then go for the proper Can people change their minds vote. Democracy in action.

• Haha 7

33 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

We could have a vote on it.

But hang on, could people change their minds on that vote?

We should first have a vote on whether people can change their minds on the Can people change their minds on votes vote and then go for the proper Can people change their minds vote. Democracy in action.

Time to form a task force

6 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

What a pain in the wotnot. I can’t see it happening. Heyho. 

That's the way they all work......you use a video streaming service like YouTube.

One click upload from your camera.....it's very easy.

All I'm saying is , I've never come across any other situation where you can change your vote once you've voted.  I shall be putting my vote out for tender next time 😁

• Haha 3

Just now, boboneleg said:

All I'm saying is , I've never come across any other situation where you can change your vote once you've voted.  I shall be putting my vote out for tender next time 😁

PS, I'm easily influenced by free cider

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, boboneleg said:

Makes things interesting though......cos nothing is a foregone conclusion.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, XTreme said:

That's the way they all work......you use a video streaming service like YouTube.

One click upload from your camera.....it's very easy.

Ive done it, I’ve opened a YouTube channel thing. I wouldn’t describe the process as very easy though but perhaps that’s cos I’m using an iPad rather than a computer. Now to figure out that stupid helmet cam 🙄

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I wouldn’t describe the process as very easy though

Now you've created the channel it's simple going forward!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Pedro said:

Hope he recovers ok Pedro