Citizen Band Radio review: Uniden Pro 505xl

Tym

radio.jpg.511b85bd07542a0ee2b5c22e95395548.jpg

40 channel compact mobile CB Radio with backlit LCD display.

Product Overview

Full 40 Channel Operation

Backlit LCD Display

Public Address

Channel Up/Down Buttons

S/RF Meter

This is for the commies in Californicate™.

WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including lead, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer

and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov

Butt only in Californicate!

:wave:

User comments so far,mounting location; inside front fairing of a 2003 Kaswasaki KLR 650; compact and very light weight, i overbuilt the mounting location, very clear reception, transmission not as good as reception,

having no ground plane isnt conductive to transponding. Nice ergos and the back light is a nice colour for the dash. The feedback when hitting the PA

makes for a great horn. I will tone down the bracket butt not the feedback from the PA,happy so far, over.

?

• Like 2

When I were a lad and CB was all the rage, I knew a boy who had mounted a CB on his push bike and it worked quite well. The bloke who taught me to ride a motorbike had one on his CM200 with a mag mount aerial on the rear rack.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

The bloke who taught me to ride a motorbike

You needed somebody to teach you how to ride a bike? 

What's wrong with just getting on and repeatedly falling off like the rest of us did?

Did you need somebody to teach you how to shag a bird as well Yen? :littleguy:

• Haha 2

Thank God no, it went stupid in the late 80's and 90's, people with big radios and noise makers,

truckers cant speed because they are monitored by GPS now,

no real reason for them except for us weird types.

and I just like  having antenna's on my chit.

?

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, XTreme said:

You needed somebody to teach you how to ride a bike? 

What's wrong with just getting on and repeatedly falling off like the rest of us did?

Did you need somebody to teach you how to shag a bird as well Yen? :littleguy:

What a lesson it was (the bike bit, the other bit you can get from videos).

He got me to sit on the bike on grass in the middle of a shut park at night. He showed me how to make sure it was in neutral and how to start the engine (leccy boot on the bike).

He told me to pull the clutch lever in, click it into first gear, open the throttle, let the clutch out and lift my feet up and away I would go.

I did all the above except put it into gear. So the bike revved, the clutch lever was slowly released and I picked my feet up. I fell slowly onto my side with the bike on top of me!

Second attempt I pulled away smoothly and rode in a giant circle about a mile in diameter until I was heading back towards him, I think I had changed into 2nd or 3rd gear without using the clutch. As I passed him I was shouting out that I didn't know how to stop.

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Tym said:

Thank God no, it went stupid in the late 80's and 90's, people with big radios and noise makers,

truckers cant speed because they are monitored by GPS now,

no real reason for them except for us weird types.

and I just like  having antenna's on my chit.

?

So who are you going to talk to on the CB Tym?

20 hours ago, Pedro said:

Sci-Fi Wow GIF by MANGOTEETH

Kinda funny cause Mum remembers a story from the late 1980's, she was going to the paint store in her volvo station wagon

and i was going the other way in my Peterbilt on I-95, hey Ma where ya going i asked,

she said the paint store, some rednck chimed in better buy American paint.

Thats who i got to talk to on the cb.

:wave:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

When I was a kid my Mum and Dad would take us on holiday every year, usually to Devon, driving through the night and towing a caravan or trailer tent depending on the year. My Dad's car had one of those tape decks that will play the same tape over and over and for about 3 years we had the same tape, this song was on it. I think I know the words by heart to the 12 or so songs on that tape even if I didn't like the song.

3 minutes ago, Lone Amigo said:

There it is, possibly.  As I understand it, the clip-on antenna counts on the proximity of the roof of the cage to substitute for the metal disc ground plate.

I might even try an aluminum pie plate -- after eating the pie, of course.

There's lots to be said for eating pie.

I still havnt stuck a meter up to it, just an FYI...was to lazy to get one right away..:classic_rolleyes:

In addition on a GL forum some poster mention he dint get full power from his cb until the motor was at 3000 rpm :classic_unsure:

Suggested hooking up a car battery for when you are testing output.

:classic_unsure:

4 minutes ago, Lone Amigo said:

Do you have a Lithium Iron battery in The Lava Lamp?

Yes and it was very cold when i tested, and only at idle or off....harumph.

1 hour ago, Tym said:

In addition on a GL forum some poster mention he dint get full power from his cb until the motor was at 3000 rpm :classic_unsure:

Simple, don’t ride like a pussy then 

sorry, couldn’t help myself 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Lone Amigo said:

If your battery works ok, I doubt that a power output problem is related to current insufficiency.

These lithium iron hate being cold. :wave:

• Like 1

Oi @Lone Amigo i happened to have a foot section of battery cable from the boat, 2g or thicker doing nothing so i  bolted one end to the antenna and lost half the static,

then i conected the other end to the frame static came back...,

so i unbolted the frame  end and stuck the extra  cable in the saddle bag with the extra co-axe cable.

:classic_unsure:

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, skyrider said:

i tried my old one a few weeks ago and no bugger on so i put it back in the cupboard 

They were a thing for a year or two and then it was over.

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

They were a thing for a year or two and then it was over.

yeah as soon as it became legal it dropped like a divers lead boot, people sometimes like doing something a bit dodgy