Smoke and Dirt Ride - Aug 21 , 2020

Earache

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

That's why I rarely post on Buttrider even though I've been a member since 2004.

There's some great ride reports on there, and some really good guys.......but unfortunately it's become overrun with attention-seeking fuckheads over the years.

I got on there in 2003 and have 450 posts or so - have far more here in a few  months! I go there to read ride reports and that's about it. But the levels of pretentiousness is unreal.

Much better here, where if you're a dickhead, several people will call you a dickhead and you can make amends for your dickheaded ways. Hope that makes some sense.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Earache said:

I got on there in 2003 and have 450 posts or so - have far more here in a few  months! I go there to read ride reports and that's about it. But the levels of pretentiousness is unreal.

Much better here, where if you're a dickhead, several people will call you a dickhead and you can make amends for your dickheaded ways. Hope that makes some sense.

The thing is here, we don't take ourselves seriously. Nobody feels they've got anything to prove. We've ridden all our lives........so it's nothing new to us.

In fact the only thing people manage to prove is they're twats basically. :littleguy:

It says something about the place that probably the most ambitious and hardcore rider here only has one leg! :classic_laugh:

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, XTreme said:

The thing is here, we don't take ourselves seriously. Nobody feels they've got anything to prove. We've ridden all our lives........so it's nothing new to us.

In fact the only thing people manage to prove is they're twats basically. :littleguy:

It says something about the place that probably the most ambitious and hardcore rider here only has one leg! :classic_laugh:

That's very kind of you Pete but Fred is more hardcore than me.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I don't think so Bob your at it all the time i'm just a part timer now 

That's the truth of it @boboneleg

Fred's only able to do his stuff part time these days.......as he's usually otherwise preoccupied with getting back onto the forum after blacklisting himself.

laughgiphy.gif.95ca3cf00a9e99b4c5d09b1f910a6bf4.gif

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Earache said:

Toss it on a boat and bring it over sometime!

In your opinion, if an european dude whose stile of traveling would be to ride for 5 to 6 hours, and then enjoy a dip in a swimming pool for 2 or 3 hours before dinner and drinks, before repeating the next day, with no fear of higher speeds, what would be your schedule for a cool trip?

Just asking out of curiosity, no need for you to spend a lot of time thinking about it.

2 hours ago, Pedro said:

In your opinion, if an european dude whose stile of traveling would be to ride for 5 to 6 hours, and then enjoy a dip in a swimming pool for 2 or 3 hours before dinner and drinks, before repeating the next day, with no fear of higher speeds, what would be your schedule for a cool trip?

Just asking out of curiosity, no need for you to spend a lot of time thinking about it.

Depends on what your goals are - if you want to just stay in Colorado / Utah and ride some mountains, some desert and relax, shop, etc - 7-10 days would  be about perfect.

But if you want to see Colorado , Montana and some other states, you'd need a lot more time due to the distances involved.

Sample Trip:

Day 1 - arrive Denver, get bike sorted, sleep

Day2 - Denver to Breckenridge - see Rocky Mtn National Park, ride some passes

Day 3 - Breckenridge again. ride Passes to Aspen and back, shopping , etc

Day 4 - Vail, CO - ride Leadville, Cottonwood Pass, etc

Day 5 - Ouray, CO - Ride Animas Loop (easy off road), Silverton area, train ride

Day 6 - Durango CO -  Ride 550 (Search Million Dollar Highway) and others in the area

Day 7 - Gateway, CO - Ride route 141, visit museum and hang at the resort pool

Day 8 - Moab, Utah - Arches National Park. Route 128, etc

Day 9 - Hurricane, Utah - Ride Zion National Park, Bryce Canyon National Park

Day 10 -head back to Denver, drop bike, etc

Could shave off a night in Vail and stay two in Gateway or Moab if you'd rather, etc. But all of these days would only involve 300 miles or less - which can easily be done in 6 hours of riding. The last day - getting back to Denver - would involve more riding, but not a whole lot more.... especially if you were to head back to wards Denver a day or two early.

If you wanted to do some specific things, let me  know and I'd see if I could work a plan for you. The above has great riding each day. I should atrt a thread about it and post pics of each area.. maybe if I get soem time this week.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Earache said:

Depends on what your goals are - if you want to just stay in Colorado / Utah and ride some mountains, some desert and relax, shop, etc - 7-10 days woule  be about perfect.

But if you want to see Colorado , Montana and some other states, you'd need a lot more time due to the distances involved.

Sample Trip:

Day 1 - arrive Denver, get bike sorted, sleep

Day2 - Denver to Breckenridge - see Rocky Mtn National Park, ride some passes

Day 3 - Breckenrdige again. ride Passes to Aspen and back, shopping , etc

Day 4 - Vail, CO - ride Leadville, Cottonwood Pass, etc

Day 5 - Ouray, CO - Ride Animas Loop (easy off road), Silverton area, train ride

Day 6 - Durango CO -  Ride 550 (Search Million Dollar Highway) and othersaa in teh area

Day 7 - Gateway, CO - Ride route 141, visit museum and hang at the resort pool

Day 8 - Moab, Utah - Arches National Park

Day 9 - Hurricane, Utah - Ride Zion National Park, Needle national Park

Day 10 -head back to Denver, drop bike, etc

Could shave off a night in Vail and stay two in Gateway or Moab if you'd rather, etc. But all of these days would only involve 300 miles or less - which can easily be done in 6 hours of riding. The last day - getting back to Denver - woulkd involve more riding, but not a whole lot more.... especially if you were to head back to wards Denver a day or two early.

If you wanted to do some specific things, let em know and I'd see if I could work a plan for you. The above has great riding each day. I should atrt a thread about it and post pics of each area.. maybe if I get soem time this week.

Thanks, I'm just working on it out of curiosity for now I'll have a look on google maps based on that and I'll ask for more input later on if need be. 

There are a few rides I'd like to do.

• Like 3