Family members on motorcycles

Buckster

6 hours ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

I went looking for a photo of my Dad on one of his bikes but unfortunately I have none.

I did find a pic of me looking stylish with one of his bikes at an old farm we lived on.  

259647D2-3DA4-4AC8-87AF-EAD3495D672B_1_201_a.jpeg

What a cutie! 

I always liked Sportsters even though to be honest I don't plan on owning one. That's a badass bike, kickstarting a Harley must have been fun.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

Me, my son and my first Africa Twin around 1995. I think he's wearing his superman cape. Also my oldest granddaughter and my now grown up son's left arm in 2018.

P1230976.JPG

P1240305bluesm.jpg

Look at the rust on that! :classic_ohmy:

18 hours ago, XTreme said:

Look at the rust on that! :classic_ohmy:

To be fair, one of those bikes had 55k on the clock and the other was probably on about 80k. Having said that, the rust probably appeared in the first 10,000 miles.

@yen_powell, I suppose @XTreme is talking about the exhaust headers on the Kawasaki, the Honda looks lovely. My own exhaust, below the bike around the catalytic converter area looks the same, it's a mix of rust with caked in mud and dirt. I'm not proud of it but don't feel like taking it apart for cleaning either.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

@yen_powell, I suppose @XTreme is talking about the exhaust headers on the Kawasaki, the Honda looks lovely. My own exhaust, below the bike around the catalytic converter area looks the same, it's a mix of rust with caked in mud and dirt. I'm not proud of it but don't feel like taking it apart for cleaning either.

I too am not proud of my rust, but I don't care about it either. Rust only bothers me if it is going to make something break.

Also I have heard that if you use too much Autosol you can develop an allergy that gives you quite a nasty crotch rash.

• Haha 5