NW USA Trip 2020

Earache

Came damned near running out of gas as there were no filling stations for about 200 miles out here. Got gas at a campground pump with 24 miles of range left....

IMG_3537.JPG

• Like 1

I love that, as a kid watching tv shows that is the landscape I thought all American mountains were like, either that or desert. We've got similar here but the scale and the distances you cover going through that are different.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pedro said:

I love that, as a kid watching tv shows that is the landscape I thought all American mountains were like, either that or desert. We've got similar here but the scale and the distances you cover going through that are different.

The ride along the river was long. We saw a road sign that said  "Curves next 100 miles" They weren't kidding. That ride wore my ass out; never left the hotel room last night, ordered a pizza to be delivered to theh room and went to bed early. So now, it;;s 4:30 AM and I'm wide awake,

Today's ride to Gillette, Wyoming is going to be just as long, hot and tiring.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Earache said:

The ride along the river was long. We saw a road sign that said  "Curves next 100 miles" They weren't kidding. That ride wore my ass out; never left the hotel room last night, ordered a pizza to be delivered to theh room and went to bed early. So now, it;;s 4:30 AM and I'm wide awake,

Today's ride to Gillette, Wyoming is going to be just as long, hot and tiring.

You'll be in the next Expendables movie at this rate Eric! :littleguy:

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Why ride such long days if you're too tired to enjoy the evening, though?

The riding is the enjoyment Pedro!

Eric's not one of these blokes that rides a couple of miles then sits outside the restaurant all day eating raw sewage! :classic_laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, XTreme said:

The riding is the enjoyment Pedro!

Eric's not one of these blokes that rides a couple of miles then sits outside the restaurant all day eating raw sewage! :classic_laugh:

Enough with the food jokes already, it was an honest question directed to someone travelling with friends with whom he’s too tired to share dinner and a drink with. 

Those last one or two hundred miles will still be there in the morning and best enjoyed with a fresh spirit

22 hours ago, Earache said:

The straight kline on tghe above pic is where the phone lost signal.  But that area was 120 mikles of nothing but curves and smooth, void of traffic road. Best ride I've had in years. We railerd along at a steady 80 mph through there. I didn't take a lot of pics as I was just into the ride too much...

IMG_3517.JPG

IMG_3528.JPG

Shhhh, dont tell anyone about Hwy 12, where my brother has been directed to spread my ashes.....

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Pedro said:

Why ride such long days if you're too tired to enjoy the evening, though?

It's about the ride more than anything else. We always pack in as many  miles as we can get done in a day. Dinner at night is secondary - I skipped dinner 2 nights this week as everything was closed by the time we got to the hotel.

Check out the attached pic of the route and start / stop times. We started riding at 7:00 AM and just got to the hotel at 9:25PM, Not everyone's cup of tea, I get that. But it's what we like to do.

Hours.jpg

• Like 2

13 hours ago, boboneleg said:

Don't apologize fro not taking photos, it's rare that you get a road where you can enjoy it that much :littleguy:

Took a bunch today, but it's too late to  put them up tonight. Will put them up early tomorrow.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Pedro said:

Enough with the food jokes already, it was an honest question directed to someone travelling with friends with whom he’s too tired to share dinner and a drink with. 

Those last one or two hundred miles will still be there in the morning and best enjoyed with a fresh spirit

Here's the weird part - no one in the group - except me - drinks! Fuckin' commies!

Dave is a fitness guy who's never had alcohol. His wife will sometimes order a drink but never finishes one. Neil is a Chicago cop who has given up alcohol as he deals with so many drunks everyday that it takes the fun out of it for him.

But fret not as I have picked up the slack and drink enough for 4.  Cheers from my swanky hotel suite in Kalispell, where they had some Reserve at the local carry out....

IMG_3277.JPG

• Like 3

Yesterday started out nice enough, got some Dino fuels in the AM. Fuel stations out here tend to be rather utilitarian in design - no fancy buildings...

IMG_3542.JPG

IMG_3543.JPG

IMG_3548.JPG

• Like 1

ANother fuek station with a dinosaur Someone tarted it up with a saddle and a Harley helmet,. Couldn't get any of teh gang to climb up for a pic...

IMG_3551.JPG

• Like 2