NW USA Trip 2020

Earache

12 hours ago, Earache said:

It's about the ride more than anything else. We always pack in as many  miles as we can get done in a day. Dinner at night is secondary - I skipped dinner 2 nights this week as everything was closed by the time we got to the hotel.

Check out the attached pic of the route and start / stop times. We started riding at 7:00 AM and just got to the hotel at 9:25PM, Not everyone's cup of tea, I get that. But it's what we like to do.

Hours.jpg

Where most of these fine lads hail from, that distance would take them thru at least 3, possibly 5 countries.  You're barely out of one state :).

Love that part of the country!

IMG_5827.JPG

IMG_5821.JPG

IMG_5816.JPG

• Like 2

1 hour ago, alfalfa said:

Where most of these fine lads hail from, that distance would take them thru at least 3, possibly 5 countries.  You're barely out of one state :).

I think Eric said he was likely to do about 4000 miles.

To us that would be the equivalent of travelling from the UK to Afghanistan going through 12 countries! :classic_laugh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 07/08/2020 at 07:47, boboneleg said:

That bit of road looks dodgy :classic_unsure:

IMG_3559.thumb.JPG.afbae50a80efadbf8eb93abe214bcf19.png.c6a687f2369dd0fa293d171231bbdf62.png

It didn't look dodgy when I rode over it as I didn't notice it. But that is a bit sketchy looking. You can see where the hillside has fallen down the hill and probably took the orginal road with it.

• Like 2

Back to coming down Beartooth Pass;

Midway down on the west side is a road, Route 267, that heads to Cody, Wyoming. Freakin' brilliant road - no traffic, smooth surfaces, loads of twisties and a small hole in the ground. Simply gorges....

IMG_3588.JPG

IMG_3589.JPG

IMG_3590.JPG

IMG_3591.JPG

IMG_3595.JPG

IMG_3596.JPG

• Like 4

No idea why this road isn't in every biking magazine and on every forum with riders screaming about how great it is. It was that good. But it starts nowhere and goes nowhere - so no one talks about it. Can't wait to get back here...

IMG_3607.JPG

IMG_3610.JPG

• Like 2

Hours later and we're in Ten Sleep, Wyoming and headed into this fantastic valley. I rode here a couple of years ago and looked forward toi getting back...

IMG_3612.JPG

IMG_3613.JPG

IMG_3614.JPG

IMG_3616.JPG

IMG_3617.JPG

• Like 3

After the Valley, oit got dark fast and we spent rest of the evening humping it to Gillette, Wyoming. Arrived at 9:30 and got some shitty pizza into our guts for dinner. Long ady of great riding now completed....

IMG_3618.JPG

• Like 2

Friday was our last day on the trip. We headed south out of Gillette and headed for Black Hawk. 400 miles across the Thunder Basin National Grassland. That's a big assed field of grass that covers about 20% of the state of Wyoming. I failed to take a single pic as it was a lot of nothingness.

Last Day Ride.jpg

• Like 1

So we made it home. Neil split off for Chicago at Gillette and Dave and his wife headed for Indy after loading the bike into their truck.

All in all, it was a great trip. A bit too hot at times but if that's my only complaint, then we've had a good ride.

Already thinking about next summer's trip; gotta decide where to go!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, boboneleg said:

Amazing scenery and you're right , that is a very shitty looking pizza :classic_laugh:

Doesn't help that it's on the floor next to his sweaty socks and boots!

disgusted bruce willis GIF

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Pedro said:

Doesn't help that it's on the floor next to his sweaty socks and boots!

disgusted bruce willis GIF

Actually, it did help - couldn't smell it any more.

• Haha 2