Following Content & Notifications

Admin

Following items allows you to receive notifications either on the site itself, via email, or push on the mobile app.

You can automatically follow content that you create or respond to, based on your own user preferences, or choose to follow something that interests you.

You can also get notifications for mentions and messages – you don’t have to worry about missing out.

2_follow2.jpg

• 10 months later...

any reason why I often, but not systematically, get notifications twice?  I just noticed for example that I got a notification that Tym hes reacted to a post in "x"thread, the notification icon top right of my screen shows a little red "2" and I have 2 identical notifications.  as per below. 

524783767_Screenshot(6).png.e181d035e4e9a8f3a4f98151b8353f4b.png

The only thing I can think of is that Tym may have given a reaction and used the wrong smilie.....I've done it myself as well.

Then he clicks the delete option for it and selects another one. So there's been two reactions given, but only the last one counts.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Is it possible I get notifications from other members reactions to posts from someone else after I have reacted to that post myself?

Can I switch that off?

Just now, Pedro said:

Is it possible I get notifications from other members reactions to posts from someone else after I have reacted to that post myself?

Can I switch that off?

You should only get notification of reactions to posts that you've made.

You can modify your notification preferences in Account Settings/ Notification Settings.

9 minutes ago, XTreme said:

You should only get notification of reactions to posts that you've made.

I get some notifications like people are reacting to my posts, but when I click on the link it takes me to some other post to which I reacted before.

Just now, Pedro said:

I get some notifications like people are reacting to my posts, but when I click on the link it takes me to some other post to which I reacted before.

That doesn't happen to me! Sounds like a browser issue.....fine for me on Chrome.

Navigate away from the site and empty your browser cache!

Then come back and see if it's any different.

Just now, XTreme said:

That doesn't happen to me! Sounds like a browser issue.....fine for me on Chrome.

Navigate away from the site and empty your browser cache!

Then come back and see if it's any different.

I’ll do that next time it happens, it only does it every other day.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pedro said:

I’ll do that next time it happens, it only does it every other day.

You should empty your browser cache at least once a day......or you'll keep getting older cached pages on all sites being displayed.